Spyder Garage

Default Out with the old, in with the new... (Sway bar end links)

Finally got around to upgrading my end links. Baja Ron. Difference is very noticeable at interstate speeds, feels much less twitchy especially when being passed by those semi's. Was going to post a pic but forum is not cooperating.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Definitely helps with the high speed twitchiness, what color did you put on?
    2020 Can Am Ryker Rally Sport Touring Edition

Spyder Garage

I don't even own one ,YET. But I've got my BajaRon's end links ......That's the second maybe first thing I do after getting my Ryker.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RykerRick View Post
    Definitely helps with the high speed twitchiness, what color did you put on?
    I went with the red.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I went with the red also.

Spyder Garage

One of my first upgrades when they arrive, silver.
    2021 , generic

Spyder Garage

do you do a lot of riding? The reason I ask is I was thinking of putting these on but wanted to know if there was any performance degradation over time. Don't get me wrong, I know the maker is on here and they look solid, they have very favorable reviews, and I am certainly not calling his stuff into question. Just wanted to know if they still felt as good after the miles get put on them.

Spyder Garage

I have an F3s, with just over 12.000 km's on the clock, installed swaybar and endlinks, at 1200 km's and they still work and look like new, Bajaron delivers topnotch gear, and I am sure, that when things going south, he will solve the problem for you.
    There's absolutely no reason to doubt, put them on, and you'll see
    the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it........

Spyder F3s 2019 All Black ( Named it: Brutus)
    Carbon Items added, just for looks
    Upgraded Shocks Trac-Tive, Rear hi/lo and rebound adjustable, with Hydraulic Pre-Load adjuster
    fronts hi/lo and rebound adjustable, custom made by the Trac-Tive Guru's
    Swaybar (Ron's)
    Tyres Front Michelin Cross Climate+ 175/60-15
    Rear, for 2022 still a Kenda, next Yokohama Advan Fleva 205/55R15
    Exhaust Bone stock, with a RLS Cat- Delete
    Custom ECU-Mapping, rewritten/adapted to my Ridingstyle
    Pedalbox, Awesome Upgrade...
    2019 F3s , O.E.M. Black, Black, Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Beginner View Post
    do you do a lot of riding? The reason I ask is I was thinking of putting these on but wanted to know if there was any performance degradation over time. Don't get me wrong, I know the maker is on here and they look solid, they have very favorable reviews, and I am certainly not calling his stuff into question. Just wanted to know if they still felt as good after the miles get put on them.
    While any anti-sway bar is technically a 'torsion spring' that will eventually begin to lose it's tension &/or flexibility thru use (and even discounting the effect of the abysmally poor quality placcy & flexible/failure prone OE end links ) Ron's Bar & End Links are made of waaayyy better material than the OE Bars which in my experience rarely retain their 'effective springiness' for much more than about 50,000 miles at best; after which they gradually & at least initially almost imperceptibly begin to degrade & so progressively work 'not so well' as they did originally.

So far, apart from a couple with loose/worn bushings that were fairly easily fixed/replaced, I haven't found any of Ron's bars (or Rabbit's ) to be measurably degraded at or by high milage, altho I've tried out more than just a couple of them that've done more than 100,000 miles/161,000 kms . And besides the RonBar that went on my 2013 RT back in 2014 and has since done more miles per year than many ever get to do in their Spyder's entire life without any measurable degradation, I've been lucky enough to put more than just a few Spyders equipped with OE bars, the Ozzie Rabbit Bar, & Ron's Bar thru their paces both on the road & in controlled, measurable, repeatable track/test conditions. My recommendation, if you even think you might benefit, do the Bar & End Link upgrade!

Go On, Buy the Damn Bar - you Know you Want to! And I really doubt you'll be disappointed, even 100,000 miles down the track!

But when it comes to Shocks & Coils, they are another kettle of fish & worthy of a whole 'nuther discussion!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Thank you for the detailed reply, much appreciated. I've really been looking at all these upgrades that people are doing to their rykers. The cosmetic stuff I'm not so interested in, I'll paint it whenever I want to, . but the performance stuff peaks my interest. The youtube videos I've watched make me cringe sometimes, the videographers obviously never turned a wrench before they shot the video. I'm not knocking them like I'm some type of master mechanic, I just know what a breaker bar is, how to pull a spring off, and other little tidbits like never re use gaskets. Having said that, they put out a lot of potential information and links to further examine what you can do with these bikes. I'm a curious monkey, and the issue of long term wear and tear hasn't been discussed much in forums and videos.

Anyway thanks again, that was the info I was looking for. Cheers.

Spyder Garage

I put the blue links on a couple of weeks ago. Now I've decided to go full BajaRon and bought the rest of the kit. Just picked up a lift the other day so that's my project this weekend. The links by themselves made a considerable difference though.
    2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue