Spyder Garage

Spyder Hey Ya'll We Got A New Member! Lets welcome iliv4scuba to SL

Welcome iliv4scuba, post up a hello, introduce yourself & get that 1st post notch on your Spyder!

Thanks for joining our forum community iliv4scuba, from the staff at Can-Am Spyder & Ryker Three Wheel Motorcycles.

Here's some helpful links to start you along your journey here @SL:
    Forum Rules and Guidelines
    Do's & Don'ts for new Spyder Owners
    Check out & add your Spyder to the Garage
    Check the Visited Maps page & add your traveled Map to your signature

Do NOT post support questions here, please post them in the appropriate forum once your account is approved.

Spyder Garage

Default potential new buyer

Thanks for welcoming me to the group. I've rode Harleys for years and really enjoyed the new infotainment system on the newer Harley bikes. the ease of use, the phone, GPS and CB capabilities all came in very handy during my many long trips with friends. Recently I had to sell my bike because of employment but now we are in the market for a new bike and decided we want three wheels.
    I've spoken with many Spyder sales people but was hoping to hear from Spyder owners that may have previously owned a Harley and get their feedback on the Spyder.
    How does the BRP Connect app compare to the built-in system on the Harleys?
    Do the new Spyders come with a CB because that is very helpful when traveling with a group?
    What do you miss about your old bike?
    Just trying to get as much unbiased information as possible before I buy. We are really interested in the loaded new Spyder RT Limited. thank you

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Welcome to the forum Iliv4scuba. I hope you enjoy it. You can find lots of good information here on the Spyder RT Limited in the different areas of the forum. You should repost your questions in the Spyder General Discussions area of the forum to get some feed back from former HD owner. There are thinks to like about both HD and Spyder, for me Spyder wins hands down but that's not to say an HD is not nice. For me it was overall comfort of the ride that sold me. It takes time to get use to the Spyder, but it just became so relaxing to ride. I was so focused when I was on two wheels on what was in front of me and coming up down the road, when I stopped shift down to first get the foot down to hold up, looking for loose stuff in the corners, you know just the things we do with out thinking about it. Than you ride the Spyder and so much of that gos away (Spyder will down shift it self if you dont, a little loose stuff will not upset the Spyder and the 3 wheel grip in the corners is great, you don't have to put your foot down to hold the bike up even when you park,) and that's when you realize you were so focused on two wheels. You will miss the bike leaning in the corners tho. Good luck with your research, I hope to see you around the forum soon.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

thank you CopperSpyder. I'll figure out how to post to that general discussion area and do just that. I haven't even ridden a Spyder yet but plan on it very soon. Looking forward to the added stability

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

When they finish processing you into all the SpyderLovers Systems you will see your name turn Blue, that is when you will be able to post in all the other areas and do searchers see videos and photo etc.. Just click on the forum tab near the top left near the home tab click on forum than you will see a list of forum areas click on Spyder General Discussion you can now click on the red button near the top to Start a new thread to ask any questions you may have. So hang in there it takes a little time should be soon your name will turn blue and you will be good to go.
    Last edited by CopperSpyder; 05-14-2021 at 05:26 PM.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown