Spyder Garage

Default Pics of the 2010 Spyder RT

I attended the BMW Rally in Watkins Glen, NY yesterday just to get a look at the new RT. I sat on the seat and immediately feel in love with it.I got to meet Fred Rau who currently writes columns for six different national and international magazines, where his work is read by over 250,000 motorcyclists. Fred and his wife are in the middle of a 5000 mile tour across the country testing the all new proto-type 2010 Can Am Spyder RT touring model. He has a busy schedule this coming week as he will be at a marina near Ottawa, Ontario on Friday, back at Ingles Performance hopefully by noon on sat, on the spyder tour to Letchworth State Park with the group from Doug's Power Sports and Bibbens Sales and Service on Sunday and back to Doug's Power Sports in Cortland on Monday for the showing of the RT.
    When I first sat on the RT you almost fall asleep it feels so comfy compared to the stock seat on the 08 Spyder. The handlebars feel just right and the instrument cluster readout can be set in about 5 languages where all the controls are on the left handlebar. I can't wait to take a test ride on the RT. The passenger seat is very well designed also. Where the mode button is on the left handle bar on the 08 now that is the cb push to talk and intercom switch. Well enough rambling. Click the link below to see all the pics and a couple vids of the electric shield and exhaust sound.
    The pic enclosed is Fred Rau that will be attending the above mentioned stop offs.

http://sports.webshots.com/album/574538373vBhijO

Last edited by Spyderman1330; 09-07-2009 at 08:29 AM.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow Metalic

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the pics.

I see that BRP still has the safety card above the instrument cluster.
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Fred will have his hands full for the next 5 months for sure. Glad you liked it.

Spyder Garage

You can check out Fred's blog of his trip across the USA which will have videos and write ups of his impression of the new RT in the following link below. He has a video up of a friend of mine as the first to be in his video of her responses.

http://blog.spyderfred.com/
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow Metalic

Spyder Garage

Cool!! Even more reports and perspective!! What a great marketing idea to have these riders out with the prototypes!!!
    Marilyn