Spyder Garage

Default K and N Air Filter for 2019 F3L

Is a K and N Air filter worth the cost for a F3L 2019? And does it help with more power? What are the benefits of buying this $50.00 filter?

Any comments welcome!

Spyder Garage

1.) More power? No
    2.) Slight increase in intake sound.
    3.) Never need to buy another air filter, but you'll need to spend $15 on a K&N cleaning kit.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    1.) More power? No
    2.) Slight increase in intake sound.
    3.) Never need to buy another air filter, but you'll need to spend $15 on a K&N cleaning kit.
    And you get to dust your engine!!!!!! They get very poor marks on filtration!
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

I replaced my stock air filter with a K&N. I don't like the way it fits in the air box. I'm going back to the BRP filter.
    2015 RTS Special Series
    Russell Day Long seat
    F4 Customs windshield
    Sena 20s

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bensonoid View Post
    I replaced my stock air filter with a K&N. I don't like the way it fits in the air box. I'm going back to the BRP filter.
    I did the same thing and Im going back to the brp air filter...luckily i didnt throw it away..

Spyder Garage

The K&N does require that you clock the raised area with the lid. It's not difficult to do. Otherwise, it fits perfectly.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Stock filters flow more air than the engine can use and do a better job of filtering.That you think you are going to gain a couple of horsepower at extreme revs or save a couple of bucks by washing and oiling a filter is aftermarket quackery that the masses have fallen for.Every time you clean these things you are reducing the integrity of them, you have the hassle of either over or under oiling them as well.
    Usual argument is I've run them in every engine I've owned and never had a problem but they never back it up with compression test data oil consumption numbers etc after set hours of usage.
    Better to waste your money on more tangible mods if you ask me.I hear they have a spark plug that never needs changing

https://www.nicoclub.com/archives/kn-vs-oem-filter.html
    2017 F3S Daytona , Circuit Yellow Metalic

Spyder Garage

Plus, K&N filter oil does dry out regardless of mileage so it requires more effort than a stock filter.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

Been running a K&N in our Spyder for years. Agree with others saying they do not filter as well, but, with the small amount of dust, and well protected long intake tract, the filter is well protected. Agree the fitting into the airbox is a bit cumbersome but easy. As for the oil drying out, never heard or read that, but anything is possible.

One reason I do like the K&N is for those rides in the wet. Typically an oiled filter does better to shed water, vs absorbing water.