Spyder Garage

Default Wide View Convex Side Mirrors

Great improvement on side views and behind you. They are a little pricey but safety while lane changing (which I do a lot of), is for me, extremely important. I included a photo to show the bike relative to the car on the side and just behind it.

They look factory and could literally save your life. Five minute install and you're ready to ride!

Spyder Garage

We have similar versions on our RT-S and RTL and they're a top priority addition in our opinion.
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AZCanAm View Post
    Great improvement on side views and behind you. They are a little pricey but safety while lane changing (which I do a lot of), is for me, extremely important. I included a photo to show the bike relative to the car on the side and just behind it.

They look factory and could literally save your life. Five minute install and you're ready to ride!

Awsome I was thinking whether I should get those or not...right now I have the regular mirrors with the little convex mirrors in the corner but having the whole convex mirror is a better option looking at your picture...

Spyder Garage

Added mirrors to my RT as suggested by someone here and for sure they are essential. The stock mirrors can partly serve as a blind spot mirror. I was concerned that I might not like the round mirrors I chose but they seem to work really well. I used the Lamonster cuffs with the elbow piece to get the mirror slightly farther out from my position.

Spyder Garage

Good idea. They do improve the view. Now, I am noting that neither one of our F3's have them. They were on the RT's and were part of the trade in process. Time to order a couple more sets.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kennygee View Post
    Awsome I was thinking whether I should get those or not...right now I have the regular mirrors with the little convex mirrors in the corner but having the whole convex mirror is a better option looking at your picture...
    Like you, I had the little round mirrors on just before this new mirror install. Definitely an improvement but these are far less confusing for me, look way nicer, and I like the "linear" bigger view as oppose to going back and forth.

Spyder Garage

Like you, I had the little round mirrors on just before this new mirror install. Definitely an improvement but these are far less confusing for me, look way nicer, and I like the "linear" bigger view as oppose to going back and forth.
    very true...lol I totally agree..

Spyder Garage

Those little round mirrors also make me feel about 10 years older. LOL

Spyder Garage

Those little round mirrors also make me feel about 10 years older. LOL
    see now you gone make me order them like right now...hahahahaha

Spyder Garage

Who did you order those mirrors from?
    My new ride is a 2017 F3-L: BRP drivers backrest, F4 21" tinted shield w/vent, Lamonster fog lights, TRCLED cyclops light, red/black carbon fiber tank protector and dash kit from Wrap-My-Spyder, FOBO tire pressure monitors and more farkles to come.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by funon3 View Post
    Who did you order those mirrors from?
    https://www.slingmods.com/can-am-spy...rors?vehicle=1

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage
    Last edited by CopperSpyder; 05-11-2021 at 03:19 PM.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

I have had the opportunity to do several hundred miles with the new mirrors through traffic, freeways, and back roads.

This in my opinion, is a MUST have Mod. You can see so much more. So much safer. Way better than the 2" blind round little mirrors. It took me a while before I realized "oh, I can now even see my saddle bags".

Folks, for those of you with limited vision in the rears, please add this to your shopping cart.

Spyder Garage

I have always found even with my Harley’s for the last 60 years, that if you adjust the mirrors correctly you don’t need such a thing. Just my humble opinion.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Plarimer View Post
    I have always found even with my Harley’s for the last 60 years, that if you adjust the mirrors correctly you don’t need such a thing. Just my humble opinion.
    You can only bend the stock mirrors out so far. Even maxed out, you have a huge blind spot. Of course I am talking about the F3-S. Maybe other models are different.

And of course, this aint no Harley (thank God).