Spyder Garage

Default Ryker 900 vs Ryker Rally

Hi all. I have to make a decision between a Ryker 900 and a Ryker Rally. I always ride alone. And I have a bad back would the suspension on the Rally give me a better ride or would the 900 give me the same ride?
    2021 900 Ace , Black & Gold

Spyder Garage

depends on your weight - the standard 900 is much "softer" than the Rally..
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Thanks Chris56 That is what I was looking for a softer ride>
    2021 900 Ace , Black & Gold

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Al View Post
    Thanks Chris56 That is what I was looking for a softer ride>
    ### Not meant to argue with Chris but if a soft ride is your ultimate goal and you end up buying the non rally (standard 900), you might find setting up the rear shock to your liking yet the handling is not what you expected then you’ll have to play with suspension settings, or worse yet <$$$>, take it to a competent suspension expert and see if he/she is able to dial it in to your liking

I say this because I’ve been down that rabbit hole with more than one two wheeler. I’ll give you a for instance scenario, and it ends up having to do with a Ryker, mine! Like you, I like the Boulevard ride. Think 56’ Lincoln with just enough air in the tires to keep from getting a flat. Now my prerogative when buying a Ryker was whatever I ended up with. Seriously, I didn’t care if it was a 900 or a 600, my main concern was buying from a dealer who was going to treat me right, yet I wanted to buy new, not used

Although I live in north central Fla. I purchased my Ryker from the can Am dealer in Topeka Kansas, because out of all the peeps here that talked about who the best dealer was in the U.S., when I bought mine, I bought it from Cycle Zone in Topeka Kansas, and I bought what he had on the floor, and the way they set it up turned out to be the best of both worlds which IMO is comfort and handling

Long story short what I bought I ended up with a Rally but the kicker is the way the dealer set it up, turned out to be a very firm ride, not the softness I thought I’d like, yet the reason it’s firm involves the fact my wife was going to ride Pillion, and anymore, I can’t get her within 10’ of my Ryker, but that has to do with her getting sea sick, at least that’s what most call it. It’s motion sickness but I’m getting away from my point, and that is how this Ryker is set up. It’s totally standard/OEM but, the dealer cranked up the pre-load on the OEM rear shock, and it doesn’t have that Boulevard ride yet when I’m swapping paint with traffic on I-75 where I spend a lot of time, she’s dialed in like nobody’s business, all because the dealer set it up because I told them wifey was going to ride out back, in fact, I wanted to make sure she would be happy with the seat I had her look at the acc. Catalog and she went with the premium Pillion seat. Me? I went with the standard seat and I had ridden both prior to this purchase, yet what I’m trying to convey to you is, you might go into your Ryker purchase with a certain expectation, like a standard 900 because that’s what you ultimately decide to buy but, you may end up going down the suspension rabbit hole, and that is changing it again and again and again

I can’t tell you how many bikes I’ve had where after I bought it and really put some miles on it, I changed it for one reason or another. Buy the 900 if you think it’s gonna blow your dress up, you know what I mean, but don’t be surprised if you end up with something else. BTW, the best suspension man I know of, and I’ve used more than 5 through the years is Kurt Songdier(SP?) of GMD Computrack. Last time I used him he resided (his business address) was in Atlanta. All told he’s worked on at least 3 bikes for me. He’s the best in the business and worth seeking out if you’re dead set on piloting a Ryker yet you find, yours ain’t behaving=:-) Others may have better and different ideas

Best,

Jake
    Reddick Fla.
    Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while
    2020 Rally , Black