Spyder Garage

Default Brake lever position - do I need a longer brake rod to move it?

I'm a proud owner of a new 2020 Spyder F3T coming from a street glide I think its great but I don't like the position of the brake lever. I understand I can move the foot pedal to position 4 or beyond but does that mean I need to purchase a longer brake rod? This just moves the assembly forward but doesn't lean the the pedal any further forward correct? Seems like an odd ball design to me.

Here is my new machine...
    Screenshot from 2021-05-07 23-14-50.jpg

Spyder Garage

I thought that I needed to go to position 4 on my F3. I have a 29-30 inch inseam. When I moved the floorboards to that position they were too far forward for me. So I left them where they were, but ordered the Lamonster #3 brake rod, which will lower the brake pedal. Much easier to hit the pedal now. Should have come this way from the factory.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

When I bought my '16 F3 Limited it didn't take me long to see where my feet landed naturally. I then changed my floorboards to the # 4 position. If you move the floorboard, you also need to change the brake rod. Check with Lamonster Garage for their brake rod. It changed the angle of the brake pedal.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

I have looked at lamonster but their page says they're not for stock pegs just for floorboards. So it seems I'm back to buying the BRP rod and drilling a hole to drop the pedal a little bit if that is the correct procedure???

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ridethru View Post
    I have looked at lamonster but their page says they're not for stock pegs just for floorboards. So it seems I'm back to buying the BRP rod and drilling a hole to drop the pedal a little bit if that is the correct procedure???
    I'm sorry. I passed right by where you said you had an F3T.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

I just drilled an extra hole in my clevis to adjust the pedal lower. You can make minor adjustments using washers under the rubber. Might need longer M6 bolts for that.

brake-rod.jpg
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

I had my foot rest moved to the 5 position ordered the brake rod through the dealer , was about$30 and they put it on for free ..

Spyder Garage

You all are awesome! I appreciate the input. I bought a position 4 rod and moved the pegs. Much better. I also bought the pos 5 rod but thats probably too long.

Spyder Garage

I have a 2020 f3s I bought the #3 brake rod from lamonster and it works great on my stock
    pegs.i am fixing to buy the longer brake
    pedal