Spyder Garage

Default A little help for one man - need front sprocket advice?!

Hi guys, my name is Gabriele and I am writing to you from Italy. First I would like to thank you for this wonderful forum on which I found a lot of information and secondly I would like to apologize for the length of this post. I bought a used spyder f3s se6 daytona one year ago with year of manufacture 2017. Everything works perfectly and I have already traveled 10000km (6200 miles). Now the spyder has 18500 km (11500miles) on it.I make all the maintenance by my self,with very calm I ve changed brake pads, tyres, brake fluid, oil change ecc. I used the search function and found many posts about the famous front sprocket problem. I did a visual test and it seems to me that the red powder is present even if in small quantities.could i unscrew the bolt to see if there is rust? And after could I only rescrew the bolt? As I am disabled and this summer I wanted to take a very long trip on the Italian Alps, and I would not like to find myself in the middle of nowhere alone, I was going to change the front sprocket as recommended by many here on the forum.My problem is that, I don't know where find the spare parts as I wouldn t have to go to the official Canam dealer which is located 300km(160miles) from my home, and I would prefer to find them on the internet, given the lack of knowledge of the vehicle by the Italian can am dealers. The site, cheapmotorcycleparts I seem to remember, I have seen that they do not ship to Europe. Could someone be kind enough to point out the Right codes for my spyder and a reliable site that ship in Europe ?Do i need to replace sprocket, bolt and washer? Because I have seen that from 2019 new sprockets should be better. I also wanted to ask you if ,once the new sprocket has been reassembled ,I will have to carry out the alignment of the drive belt. And if it is difficult to extract the sprocket?I have read that then I will also have to apply KLUBER KLUBERPASTE 46 MR 401 on the bolt. I’m really sorry for my bad English and sorry even if the topic has been treated several times but for me it is really difficult to understand the content of every single post, and really hard to find another spyder rider here in Italy to deal with it about the spyder’s maintenance. Thanks to those who want to help me. You ll have a payed pizza if come to Italy .

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hi Gabriel I have used with success the following guys to obtain parts from USA suppliers that don't ship internationaly https://www.myus.com/where-we-ship/italy/.
    Prices were reasonable to ship out here to Australia.Takes a while because of covid delays etc but means you can purchase most anything you need from whoever.
    2017 F3S Daytona , Circuit Yellow Metalic

Spyder Garage

Hello Gabriel,
    Welcome to the best Spyder site on the internet.

The new "White" pulley is p/n: 705503239.
    Put the KLUBERPASTE on the splines of the pulley not on the bolt.
    The kluberpaste is used to prevent the splines from "Fretting" which causes the wear and red dust.

For parts and information contact: https://www.martinthevlogger.com/shop
    MartinTheVlogger Online Shop
    LARGEST EUROPEAN AFTERMARKET SHOP for CAN AM SPYDER & RYKER
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Haze View Post
    Hello Gabriel,
    Welcome to the best Spyder site on the internet.

The new "White" pulley is p/n: 705503239.
    Put the KLUBERPASTE on the splines of the pulley not on the bolt.
    The kluberpaste is used to prevent the splines from "Fretting" which causes the wear and red dust.

For parts and information contact: https://www.martinthevlogger.com/shop
    MartinTheVlogger Online Shop
    LARGEST EUROPEAN AFTERMARKET SHOP for CAN AM SPYDER & RYKER
    & .... Make sure you clean the splines before applying that paste .... Good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Thank you guys!
    I really appreciate all those informations.
    I start search for the parts today.

Spyder Garage

Located in Europe also (Portugal).

I'm going with M-77 moly paste from Honda (let me known if you wish to know where I ordered it from) instead of the kluberpaste.

You'll need to replace the bolt, once it's removed it shouldn't be reused.

Still waiting for the new sprocket to be delivered, seems it's on back order until June... :/

Also if it helps see my thread here: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...bytes-the-dust
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-10-2021 at 07:46 AM. Reason: 'need' ;-)
    2018 F3S , Monolith Black Satin

Spyder Garage

Thank you mako! I’m following your thread.
    I’ve order today the parts from CAN-AM ITALY.
    They will be sleepless nights ��