Spyder Garage

Default Electrical Connector Help

I always fight with electrical connectors and have broken more than I want to remember. So, this time I'm asking before breaking. I have a 2021 F3 base model and need to remove the gauge's electrical connector. It's one of those connectors with an additional locking mechanism - a red bar or tab that slides. I've moved the red locking tab by sliding it up but the connector will not budge for me. Sprayed electrical lubrication around the connector and still no dice. Does the red lock move farther than I have it? Thanks.
    Open, Maybe.jpgClosed.jpg

Spyder Garage

I have a’15 F3-S, so my connector is different. It looks like once you have the tab pulled toward the wiring (as shown in your left photo), you would need to push in the little red tab as you are pulling the connector out. Just a guess.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

That did it, thank you. I tried doing that a few times pushing on the red lock before asking on the forum. Each time I'd hear a loud crack so I backed away thinking that I'm breaking something. Since you said it too, I figured we must be on the right track and just disregard the crack. That worked...and it didn't break, best of all.