Spyder Garage

Default JayBros question

I see the U.S. Marines made the news this past Thursday. I had to use google to see what was actually going on. I think the article may have alluded to the females not receiving the same experience in boot camp prior to this. I guess if it wasn't for the news, I'd have never known they were trained separately.

Spyder Garage

Up until this year male recruits were trained at Parris Island and San Diego while there was only one female training battalion, at Parris Island. The single female recruit training battalion had existed at Parris Island since female recruits were first excepted into the Corps. The 2020 National Defense Authorization Act, the law that directs what the armed services are supposed to accomplish during the fiscal year but does not appropriate funds to accomplish the directed actions, directed the Marine Corps to begin gender-integrated training before 2028. There was some co-ed training at Parris Island in 2019, probably in preparation for the direction that Marine Corps headquarters new was coming in the NDAA. I retired from Parris Island and I have been retired so long I will soon be retired longer than I was on active duty, but I can tell you that U.S. taxpayer gets the biggest bang for the recruit training dollar spent by any of the armed services and the combined training will even improve the bargain.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Jay, what is the term for a retiree who has been retired longer than they served? I just crossed that milestone, myself. Feels pretty good!!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Military or civilian, the term is the same......... Old Fart. "Takes one to know one"
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Valkrocket View Post
    Military or civilian, the term is the same......... Old Fart. "Takes one to know one"
    I'd call it youngster at heart, at least for those that don't blame all their aches and pains on age, instead of inactivity. But, we are all entitled to our own opinion.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    Jay, what is the term for a retiree who has been retired longer than they served? I just crossed that milestone, myself. Feels pretty good!!
    Joe, there's only one term I know, Marine, -- but the Special Forces always have had a respectful spot in my heart because they were the source of my 9mm ammo in 1965.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S