Spyder Garage

Default Contact with I-Motorsports

Contacted on Friday AM. Little slow on return call, advised out of 600, upgrade to a 900. Talked about a trade in, little iffy but offered MUCH more than anyone else.
    Never got a firm out the door price. Waiting for a reply on a deal. Read mix reviews on a complaint site. Any helpful advice from those with recent experience with them ?

Spyder Garage

Same experience here on a trade. Never a firm offer. Went with local dealer.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by milryder View Post
    Same experience here on a trade. Never a firm offer. Went with local dealer.
    Same experience here . . . although I've read that some people have had a positive experience with imotorsports . . .
    2019 F3 Limited
    2019 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

I'm not sure how one could expect a firm offer on a trade in without an in person inspection. There are just far too many variables about how the bike rides, what it looks like under the tupperware, and what it really looks like in person.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

Sold my Harley trike to a HD dealer in TX sight unseen. They made me a very good offer after looking at my listing on Cycle Trader and a short phone call. Then they sent a trailer to Arizona and picked it up. The amount they offered was more than the minimum I would have taken for a local sale.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

I have purchased TWO F3L Spyders from iMoto since December of 2019. 2019 in December 2019 and 2020 in January of 2021.

In both transactions I felt I was treated right. Final negotiations ended with a final OTD price...INCLUDING trade in, rebates, accessories, and DOC fees. I paid NO freight or set up. the 2021 transaction was a little more than the 2019 one. In both cases I was happy and so were they.

Moving ahead to current times: It is obvious the product is selling. Making it a SELLERS market. My only comment on that is...dealers should not be to mercenary. We customers have a long memory. I was done in January 2021 and have not been following iMoto's site. They may have better deals on some dated iron, but current stuff, seems to be at MSRP with not a lot of give.

AND, make sure you tell them you are a member of SL...so you get the discount. In a few posts that complained about no deals, no mention was made about asking for the SL discount.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I understand hard to give an accurate Trade In, on an unseen item. I did advise I was a forum member. Waiting for reply and more info.

Spyder Garage

When we went hunting for a 2021 Sea to Sky we couldn't find any locally so we contacted iMotorsports. Our exchange vehicle was a 2012 RT-S with just under 42,000 miles. We sent them the VIN and something like 10 photos to show it's very nice condition and assorted farkles. Their offer was $6000 which seemed to us to be rather low. We then went to our favorite local dealer (from whom we bought both the 2012 and my 2015 RT-S) to see what we could expect. As it turned out they had just received a Sea to Sky that was still in the crate. Without hesitation they also offered us $8500 for the 2012. We agreed and now my wonderful wife has a new Sea to Sky and loves it. We're not saying iMotorsports treated us poorly but in this instance our local dealer beat them hands down.
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

I had a good transaction with iMotorsports on the 2021 RTL Dark Chalk that we purchased last month. I dealt with Mike and he did everything that I expected. When I told them I was an SL member he immediately removed the handing/prep. Now, iMotorsports must have a significant inventory of Spyders. Because of this they aren't as hungry as many other dealers for used Spyders and bikes to sell. My Spyder was delivered exactly one week from finalizing payment details. To Tennessee, on the street in front of my house. With requested options installed.
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

It took over a week for someone to return a phone call from imotosports. I felt as if I was working too hard to give them my money. Just as I was about to go local, they did call me back and apologize for the long wait. They are extremely busy, which means there's little room or time to negotiate. After all is said and done, still happy with the price from them.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Being a former Motorsports dealer, IMHO developing a good relationship with a local dealer is always a good thing, not always possible, I am keenly aware of.

Try to develop such a relationship, it will pay dividends in the long run.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

I had a positive experience with Imotorsports but I went into the dealership. I exchanged a few emails before hand but they were great to me. Gave a good price on my trade in and threw in a rear seat for my 2020 rally. The Elmhurst, Illinois location.

Spyder Garage

From the responses above you know why they have mixed reviews now. I have had both good and poor experiences with them, but will probably not go back there if I decide to purchase again in the future. I would much rather deal with someone in person, but my closest dealer is not very good, and the good one is and hour and a half away.

Spyder Garage

Here is some info if you are buying from iMotor, tell them you are a SpyderLover member there will sell it to you for list + $303 no shipping or assembly cost.
    2021 900 Ace , Black & Gold

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    I understand hard to give an accurate Trade In, on an unseen item. I did advise I was a forum member. Waiting for reply and more info.
    They will ask for photos. But once the deal was made, (I did it twice), there were no problems or issues.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MRH View Post
    I'm not sure how one could expect a firm offer on a trade in without an in person inspection. There are just far too many variables about how the bike rides, what it looks like under the tupperware, and what it really looks like in person.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

As I mentioned earlier, the price I negotiated for my trade in on both transactions (2012 RT-A&C) and (2014 RT-S), remained firm. There were no further hassles or trying to change the price. They got the money in advance of the delivery. That makes it a done deal. I will say that in both cases for me, I was totally honest about everything. They found no snakes or surprises on mine. Both were on their web site for sale for less than a month.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

And they were honest with me that they were not very interested in my '06 GL1800 due to age and 123500 miles (although she is still a sweetheart). So, she is for sale locally.
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c