Spyder Garage

Default New 2021 Canam Spyder RT-LTD-Sea and Sky

I just picked up a new Canam Spyder RT-LTD Sea to Sky today from East Coast Cycle Center. I traded in my 2014 Canam Spyder St-Ltd. What a difference the new engine and transmission makes .It is smooth as silk and very quiet without all the vibrations of the 998cc. It has great seating and I am sure great for touring, even though I don't really go anywhere. LOL. Anyway, I love it and hope to have it for a long time. I just realized it has 6 speeds, not just 5. All the way home I was in 5th. Maybe the SE-6 means something. LOL

Motogordo
    Delanco, NJ.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Motogordo; 05-07-2021 at 06:33 PM.

Spyder Garage

Congratulations!! I pick up my sea to sky on the 27th of May - Can't wait as this will be my first Spyder

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

On the New S2S !! Make sure and post a photo of your new ride in the Spyder Garage area of the forum when you can. Nice looking machine!
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Default 2021 RT-LTD-Sea to Sky

It is even better looking in person outside then it is in the photos. It is great.

Motogordo

Spyder Garage

Congrats! I demoed an S2S before buying our new RTL. Great machine!
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

Last week, the wife rode her 2015 ST Limited 100 miles to a dealer in NW Ohio to trade it on a new 2021 red RTL (I was on my Kaw Versys). Coming home on a 2 lane, I went around a slow poke and told her to come around (Sena intercoms), but she was in 6th gear and it wouldn't accelerate, so she had to back off (she really needed to downshift, but it didn't occur to her!). I rode the RTL when we got home and sure enough, 6th gear is pretty high! At 55 mph, it doesn't seem to have much zip! Maybe after break-in??
    Anyways, the engine, transmission, and ride is smooth and she's loving it.
    2021 RT Limited , Deep Marsala Metallic (red)

Spyder Garage

I found 5th gear to be the most common gear on the open roads below 65 with my '20 RT. 6th gear seems more like an over-drive or for 70+ mph gear.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Congratulations from another satisfied Sea to Sky owner. Actually it's my wife's but she lets me ride it now and again. Don't tell her but I'm very happy with my 2015 RT-S even though hers is much sleeker looking, and the rear trunk is more useful.
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

Is there anywhere on the S2S to store the plate that is used when the top storage case is removed? I'd like to take both the top case and the plate on a multi-day trip. Is that possible?

Spyder Garage

I really do like the looks of the new RT's with the top case removed and I'm planning to order the color matched cover plate on the wife's 2021 RTL. (my dealer gives a 20% discount on all parts and accessories!). BUT, I don't think you'll find a practical storage solution for that big plate! You'd probably have to strap it on top of the top case.
    2021 RT Limited , Deep Marsala Metallic (red)