Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlebars View Post
    Good to have towing on your insurance. It will pay for itself for years even if you only use it once.

Another insurance hint told to me by my lawyer. Buy as much underinsured/uninsured coverage you can buy. It's only about $40 a year for $250K! I had to sue my own insurance company to get the payout of 27K on my head-on with my gold Wing. Lawyer says "They would have just written a check for you if you had better coverage on that part." The very next day I called them and added a quarter million. Depends on your state though.

Wow, that looks like a serious crash. Glad you made it.

Spyder Garage

So your Spyder is fixed and you are back on the road and all is well? Since you stated that you change your own oil you do know that the engine oil and the transmission oil are the same but with different filters. Thank you for coming back and letting us know the outcome. We are happy to here that they got you fixed up.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    So your Spyder is fixed and you are back on the road and all is well? Since you stated that you change your own oil you do know that the engine oil and the transmission oil are the same but with different filters. Thank you for coming back and letting us know the outcome. We are happy to here that they got you fixed up.
    Yes, all is well. I meant "anti-freeze change," not "transmission fluid change." I will look for the transmission filter on the F3. And yes I knew the transmission and engine oil are one in the same. I think the maintenance schedule calls for the trans filter to be changed every 28,000 miles. Thanks to this forum and providing me the knowledge of the front pulley problem, I had the information I needed to prevent the dealer from doing a lot of unnecessary stuff.
    John F.
    Tallahassee, FL

2015 Spyder F3 SE6, black
    BRP Driver/passenger Footboards
    BRP Adjustable Passenger Backrest
    Blue Ridge Windshield
    MRA X-Creen Tour, clear, clamp-on
    H4 LED Headlights
    F3 LED Fog Light Kit, LED Amber Halo Ring Kit, LED Tail Lights, F3 Rear run/brake/turn LEDs
    Easy Brackets
    Leatherworks, Inc. 120 Special Slight Angle Saddlebags
    Custom Dynamics Front Mud Flap LED lights, Street Magic Front Fender Tips, Double Feature Lens
    2-up rear shock
    Idler pulley kit