Spyder Garage

Default Exhaust Question (Yes I know...)

I've looked and can't find an answer to my question, do slip on exhausts significantly change the sound? I'm not interested in popping wheelies 😁 just improve the sound. Thanks

Spyder Garage

Simply removing your cat and installing a cat delete will dramatically change the sound of your exhaust.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Even with the stock can? What's a good cat delete pipe?

Spyder Garage

I have the RLS Exhaust cat delete with resonator and stock muffler. The sound is a smoother, throatier purr, without increasing the sound level. I am very pleased.
    Call Rick at RLS - he makes them and can tell you what sound to expect from what component.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

My 2015 Spyder F3 didn't sound too good when it broke down today. See my thread.
    John F.
    Tallahassee, FL

2015 Spyder F3 SE6, black
    BRP Driver/passenger Footboards
    BRP Adjustable Passenger Backrest
    Blue Ridge Windshield
    MRA X-Creen Tour, clear, clamp-on
    H4 LED Headlights
    F3 LED Fog Light Kit, LED Amber Halo Ring Kit, LED Tail Lights, F3 Rear run/brake/turn LEDs
    Easy Brackets
    Leatherworks, Inc. 120 Special Slight Angle Saddlebags
    Custom Dynamics Front Mud Flap LED lights, Street Magic Front Fender Tips, Double Feature Lens
    2-up rear shock
    Idler pulley kit

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by deer30084 View Post
    My 2015 Spyder F3 didn't sound too good when it broke down today. See my thread.
    Yeah, but you didn't use a Slip-on exhaust to make it sound like THAT, did you?! See my & other's answers in your thread. Good Luck!

Back to Mc Llyr's question, as other's have already suggested, the short answer to that question is YES, they can!

And expanding on that a little, an RLS (or any Cat Delete/Cat Eliminator for that matter) will generally also help add a little more 'mid-range' grunt, albeit possibly at the expense of losing a little 'low range' torque (the RLS Cat Deletes have largely resolved that tho! ) so you've got TWO basically viable Options Mc Llyr, plus one more 'extension option' to change the sound.
    1. You can fit a Cat Delete with the Stock Muffler;
    2. you can fit an alternative Muffler in place of the Stock Unit, ie, your original 'Slip-on' option (IF you can find or make anything that'll actually Fit); or as the extension option,
    3. you can do both - Fit a Cat Delete AND an a/mkt Muffler Replacement!

And luckily for you, RLS Exhausts IS a Sponsor here, so well worth supporting.... but IIRC he might be waiting on materials to re-stock right now, so give him a call! Click on the RLS Exhaust.com logo on the Home Page for contact details!

2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Yeah, but you didn't use a Slip-on exhaust to make it sound like THAT, did you?! See my & other's answers in your thread. Good Luck!

Back to Mc Llyr's question, as other's have already suggested, the short answer to that question is YES, they can!

And expanding on that a little, an RLS (or any Cat Delete/Cat Eliminator for that matter) will generally also help add a little more 'mid-range' grunt, albeit possibly at the expense of losing a little 'low range' torque (the RLS Cat Deletes have largely resolved that tho! ) so you've got TWO basically viable Options Mc Llyr, plus one more 'extension option' to change the sound.
    1. You can fit a Cat Delete with the Stock Muffler;
    2. you can fit an alternative Muffler in place of the Stock Unit, ie, your original 'Slip-on' option (IF you can find or make anything that'll actually Fit); or as the extension option,
    3. you can do both - Fit a Cat Delete AND an a/mkt Muffler Replacement!

And luckily for you, RLS Exhausts IS a Sponsor here, so well worth supporting.... but IIRC he might be waiting on materials to re-stock right now, so give him a call! Click on the RLS Exhaust.com logo on the Home Page for contact details!

Thanks!

Spyder Garage

You can make that thing just as loud as you want!! I would take baby steps, one thing at a time or you will be another one of those people that are on here trying to sell a pipe that they don't like!! Good luck, hope you find that perfect sound your looking for!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    You can make that thing just as loud as you want!! I would take baby steps, one thing at a time or you will be another one of those people that are on here trying to sell a pipe that they don't like!! Good luck, hope you find that perfect sound your looking for!!!
    Thanks

Spyder Garage

A recent topic suggested a $20 mod. Retain the oem converter, and have a tail pipe fabricated at a local muffler shop. Simply remove the entire muffler and use the cat as a muffler.

Simple, easy, and minimal cost if not content with it.