Spyder Garage

Default Pedal Commander - does it actually work? Anyone installed one?

Has anyone tried installing the Pedal Commander gadget? Does it actually works? Is it that good?. Tks.
    Lamonster Bumpskid
    BajaRon Swaybar
    Tricled LED Backup light
    Tricled LED Headlight
    Lordco LED Signal Light
    Jurock Windshield
    Sirius XM Satellite Radio

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dmartin View Post
    Has anyone tried installing the Pedal Commander gadget? Does it actually works? Is it that good?. Tks.
    All it really does is " put a HAIR trigger " on what you have ..... No more power, just makes it Less controllable, especially if the road is wet .... not a good thing IMHO .... good luck ... Mike

Very Active Member Martin Slovakia's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Well I have different point of view than Mike here.
    All it does is, that our Spyders in stock set up, are allowing to use on 65% approx of the power of the bYke. because the throttle is electronically controlled
    You have 4 different set ups on these units, so you can make it as "aggressive" as you like and if there is a wet road, and you want to miss the fun, you just turn it off or move it to much less aggressive mode.
    It can open your spyder up to 95% of its potential, but you will still use the same ECU map as you have. so will you get more horse power? NO!!! will you accelerate from 0-150kmh faster - hell yes. is it fun - absolutely I am using city mode in City and when i am just cruising, sport when i am bit more aggressive on local roads.. sport+ when i am being MartinTheVlogger
    I am promoting PEDALBOX as its more smart than pedal commander, but its everybody call.

Spyder Garage

If you do a search on the forum you will find several threads on the PC. If you are not an aggressive rider, you probably can do without but if you like to ride fast, the PC is a "must have" in my opinion. A very simple explanation is this: You do not get more power - all it does is reduce the amount of throttle roll when you turn your wrist for more power. This is useful in passing and on curvy roads.

It has different settings depending on how quickly the throttle responds to your wrist roll. I keep mine in city + mode because it does get a bit tricky on tight curvy roads when I have it set any higher (sport mode).

Spyder Garage

I, like most others that have the Pedal Commander find it very useful and worth the purchase price. The only naysayers are those that haven't tried one.
    It absolutely makes a difference in responsiveness. If you're happy with the OEM power output, you won't need to add a tune for additional power and you'll be happy with the 'perceived' performance improvement. If you want more HP/torque, you'll need a tune. I have both and now my 20 RT is able to keep up with my crazy sport touring pals.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    All it really does is " put a HAIR trigger " on what you have ..... No more power, just makes it Less controllable, especially if the road is wet .... not a good thing IMHO .... good luck ... Mike
    I am an actual user of a Pedal Commander. "Hair trigger" is a bit of a reach. If you're not comfortable with the device in the rain, simply turn it off. It is multi adjustable.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    I am an actual user of a Pedal Commander. "Hair trigger" is a bit of a reach. If you're not comfortable with the device in the rain, simply turn it off. It is multi adjustable.
    .... But simply " downshifting " will accomplish the same thing annnnnnnd that's FREE. ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Funny how those who've never used this device believe they know it's capabilities. The OP asked PC users what they think. Personally, I only take advice of those who have experience with the issue/product. Opinions of non-users are just opinions. Downshifting certainly helps if you're in the wrong gear when you want that extra pull but that becomes less necessary if you've got enough revs and just need more juice quickly. As Troop said, the PC has 32 levels of sensitivity.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RayBJ View Post
    Funny how those who've never used this device believe they know it's capabilities. The OP asked PC users what they think. Personally, I only take advice of those who have experience with the issue/product. Opinions of non-users are just opinions. Downshifting certainly helps if you're in the wrong gear when you want that extra pull but that becomes less necessary if you've got enough revs and just need more juice quickly. As Troop said, the PC has 32 levels of sensitivity.
    ... I see " advice " & " opinions " from thousands of members concerning TIRES on this forum. However the only people on this Forum that I know of, who have actually had training / schooling about them are Peter and I. .... WOW if everybody adhered to this criteria there would be at least 100 fewer posts / threads per month .... Mike

Spyder Garage

At this point in time, we need more posts rather than less.

Moderator talk: Lets keep the discussion a bit more user friendly. I am not pointing any one person out, but see that Peter has already done a little house cleaning.

How about turning this around?

Pedal Commander: never used one, don't like add on "performance" enhancements. But....thats just me. The nice thing about a forum like this is that there are a lot of opinions and that makes discussion interesting. We don't need rancor etc.

I suggest a re-read of the site rules. That is what the Moderators are called on to enforce.

No wise person comments. See rule #12.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Ahhh, took a minute for the penny to drop. At first with the name of Pedal Commander I was thinking it was brake pedal as I'd never heard of it:-)

So what it does is alter sensitivity on the throttle, less input needed for the same response. A way of tuning the 'user interface'.

Just like I have my computer mouse set to be very sensitive - small movement in mouse = big movement on screen, and that means its always going be subjective e.g. when other people use my computer they moan the pointer is moving too fast, but for me its just right.

I wouldn't have a need for one of these but I could see it being useful for fine tuning the ride experience.

Spyder Garage

I purchased one back when they were on sale. Took me awhile to get around to installing it. That part was a breeze and I secured it under the plastic rather than on the handlebars. I was stumped for awhile getting the bluetooth to hook up, but finally erased the original app load and re-loaded. Worked on the first try. I have only tried the first setting so far. Extremely happy with the throttle response. More HP?? No, but way better accel and throttle control. I always thought the Spyder XL was a bit of a dog, but this perks it right up. These are my experiences and my opinions alone. The only problem I see now is that I can see my fuel bill increasing for sure.

Spyder Garage

Definitely worth a search, as I and others have commented in more detail. The Spyder will feel different, may be different (Martin the Vlogger believes so and makes a very good case in one of his videos). At the very least, it is much more comfortable ride having a throttle that requires less of a turn to get the same amount of power. Easily worth the cost. I agree that the opinions here that matter are from those who have actually tried it.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

It is as I feared. I am enjoying the added "snap" for sure, but I am using more fuel, as expected.

Spyder Garage

Welcome to the land of the living!