Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Baja Ron sway bars on the new RT.

Hi everyone. I'm considering purchasing a 2021 RT Limited. I test drove it and felt a little tentative and underwhelmed going into the twisty turns. Where the F3 Limited I test drove was more responsive and aggressive in the turns. Has anyone put on the Baja Ron sway bars on the new RT? If so, does it improve the handling and the cornering? I remember adding the sway bars, on the older style of RT Limited, made a huge difference. Hope you can help. Thanks

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I added the BajaRon sway bar to my 2021 RT base. Not as huge of a difference as on the previous generation but still a difference. The F3 handles a little better than the RT.

Spyder Garage

Adding to my 21 RT end of month. Hope it’s worth it but have long trip planned and want to rule out any loose ends for that and the future. It’s a good ride now but seems the Baja may improve things esp in high winds and rough roads.

Spyder Garage

OR, start with some good car tires on the front as step one!
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Already added the Q5s and mirrors.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by john hansen View Post
    Hi everyone. I'm considering purchasing a 2021 RT Limited. I test drove it and felt a little tentative and underwhelmed going into the twisty turns. Where the F3 Limited I test drove was more responsive and aggressive in the turns. Has anyone put on the Baja Ron sway bars on the new RT? If so, does it improve the handling and the cornering? I remember adding the sway bars, on the older style of RT Limited, made a huge difference. Hope you can help. Thanks
    I've owned three Spyder in the past 12 years .... my advice is ... learn how to really drive it before you " fix it " ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Most stock vehicles can be optimized in some way once you know the conditions in which you’ll be riding it.

Spyder Garage

I bought a spyder last year, an F3s, and I drove 3000kms, with no upgrades, then I started with Bajaron swaybar, then I mounted a Fox RC2 shock in the rear, and that really makes the byke, fit my needs, as Blueknight said, drive it before you upgrade.
    otherwise it's money in the bin.

Again don't fix it, if it ain't broken.
    3 upgrades needed on the spyder, Swaybar, Shocks and tyres, oh and an engine tune, to unleash all it's potential
    the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it........

Spyder F3s 2019 All Black ( Named it: Brutus)
    Carbon Items added, just for looks
    Upgraded Shocks Trac-Tive, Rear hi/lo and rebound adjustable, with Hydraulic Pre-Load adjuster
    fronts hi/lo and rebound adjustable, custom made by the Trac-Tive Guru's
    Swaybar (Ron's)
    Tyres Front Michelin Cross Climate+ 175/60-15
    Rear, for 2022 still a Kenda, next Yokohama Advan Fleva 205/55R15
    Exhaust Bone stock, with a RLS Cat- Delete
    Custom ECU-Mapping, rewritten/adapted to my Ridingstyle
    Pedalbox, Awesome Upgrade...
    2019 F3s , O.E.M. Black, Black, Black

Spyder Garage

I added one onto my 2020 RTL (same as the 2021). I also agree that it's a nice upgrade, but not as dramatic as previous models. The difference is somewhat subtle, but noticeable.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

Don't know bout the spyder RT, but on a F3, it's a huge improvement over stock swaybar, should be a factory option imho...
    the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it........

Spyder F3s 2019 All Black ( Named it: Brutus)
    Carbon Items added, just for looks
    Upgraded Shocks Trac-Tive, Rear hi/lo and rebound adjustable, with Hydraulic Pre-Load adjuster
    fronts hi/lo and rebound adjustable, custom made by the Trac-Tive Guru's
    Swaybar (Ron's)
    Tyres Front Michelin Cross Climate+ 175/60-15
    Rear, for 2022 still a Kenda, next Yokohama Advan Fleva 205/55R15
    Exhaust Bone stock, with a RLS Cat- Delete
    Custom ECU-Mapping, rewritten/adapted to my Ridingstyle
    Pedalbox, Awesome Upgrade...
    2019 F3s , O.E.M. Black, Black, Black

Spyder Garage

I started by adding Ron's bar to my 2020 RT. As others have stated a noticeable improvement, but not a large one. I then added Ron's front shock adjusters. That was a large improvement. Tonight I will find out how my new Q5 front tires feel. I know from having them on my past F3 there will be an improvement- so I'm anticipating the same for the RT.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

I added it to my 2021 RTL. I did notice a difference but like others said, not dramatic. It wobbles less and just feels more secure as I ride.