Spyder Garage

Default Question on 2up shock spring

I have a 2021 Ryker with 2 passenger rear shock spring..I have adjusted to highest preload setting and it is still bottoming out on streets and interstate bridges ...me and wife combined are 365 lbs..any suggestions?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Marsh1322 View Post
    I have a 2021 Ryker with 2 passenger rear shock spring..I have adjusted to highest preload setting and it is still bottoming out on streets and interstate bridges ...me and wife combined are 365 lbs..any suggestions?
    I sent you a PM. Let me know what you think.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Thanks but I already ordered Elka...I’m installing Bajaron sway bar tomorrow !

Spyder Garage

Few days ago I had it installed at the dealership. They set it to the 2nd lowest preload setting telling me it is the default setting according to the service manual... We haven't ridden 2-up yet, but based on your comment, I'd say it won't be enough for our combined weight 330lbs...

With the standard spring we managed to scratch the rear fender on some pothole.

Spyder Garage

I put a rubber spacer in spring till my Elka rear shock comes in...
    Bajaron sway bar really helped with handling !

Spyder Garage

I am working on a spring spacer for the Rear Ryker Shock for 2 up. So far, the feedback on the prototype has been very good.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

I wish I could have found more info about setup options for riding 2up when we I bought our Ryker last year. We promptly bought and installed the 2up spring and found it underwhelming! Not to mention how difficult it was for me to find a spanner to adjust it! Oh well, we have an Elka on order now.

Spyder Garage

I’m also having issues riding 2-up. I set the original spring to 5 as per BRP instructions and it still bottomed out so I purchased the 2 Up spring and reset this to 5 and although the ride seems a little stiffer, I’m still bottoming out on the rear fender, which is now damaged. BRP allocated a case to fix the fender but the dealer refused to contact them to claim the case.
    So now I’m left with a damaged rear fender, a 2 up spring that doesn’t do the job its purchased for and £200 out of pocket for the purchase and fitting of the same.

We only weigh 155kg and the stock weight is supposed to be 203kg so I still think there is something wrong with the suspension on the 900.

I bought this specifically for 2 up riding with luggage (bought the maxmount and seat to have it fitted from new) and the dealer told me it would be perfect for what I wanted.

What have people done to stop the rear of the seat bottoming out on the fender? Please let me know!!