Spyder Garage

Default Back Support Belt

I wear a back support belt for longer rides. I have a Back-A-Line which gives good support when standing. However, I am a skinny dude and it digs into my hips when sitting. I would like to get some recommendations for alternatives from any of you that also use a support belt.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wmjweber45 View Post
    I wear a back support belt for longer rides. I have a Back-A-Line which gives good support when standing. However, I am a skinny dude and it digs into my hips when sitting. I would like to get some recommendations for alternatives from any of you that also use a support belt.
    Before I’d wear any type of brace I’d first check with your dr. Wearing the wrong type of brace/support, or wearing a brace too long can weaken muscles. I’m speaking from my P. T. background.

I do wear a compression shirt (not considered a brace) when working out b/c of a left shoulder issue. It helps with proprioception, and speeds the process of rebuilding muscle after working out.

Spyder Garage

I agree with wyliec about not wearing a back brace without consulting a doctor or at the minimum a physical therapist. Do you do exercises to strengthen your back? If not, why not try some; won't cost a dime. Do you have a driver backrest? My wife gave me one for my birthday several years ago and I was very pleasantly surprised at how much fresher I felt on long touring days with it.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

https://koolbak.com/motorcycle-kidney-belt/ I been using this belt for about 4 yrs and am very satified with it.Motorcycle-kidney-belt.jpg
    2018 F3s, 2016 versys 650LT, 2001 concours 1000

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

For snowmobiling, ditto on the kidney belt. Less pit stops is another advantage (from all the bumps).