Spyder Garage

Default SE transmission malfunction - any thoughts of potential cause?

Was out riding My F3-T today and had a transmission fault notice come up on the screen when attempting to pull away from a stop sign. This was 40+ miles into the ride. Along with the fault notice the computer would not give any throttle response. Rolled it across the road and to the side, shut off and restarted and the notice disappeared and transmission and bike functioned properly. Continued on with ride and returned home without further incident.

One additional piece of information is I had completed the 28,000 mile servicing with the replacement of the transmission filter about a thousand miles previous to this happening. Have not seen or heard of this happening before. Curious to hear thoughts of potential cause. Bike has 29800 miles currently.

Al in Kazoo
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-01-2022 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Expanded Title to briefly ask the question ;-)
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

If I had to guess……I wonder if when you did your trans filter at 27k if there was a clump/junk in the oil that didn’t run out. When you stopped it had maybe worked it’s way to the top and when you hit the throttle the clump shot down or through and created a mini void for a second. That would have kicked the sensor. Once the code is registered even though it was cleared didn’t reset till turned it off. I did mine at 27200 and now at 33200 and never got any codes after. I did read somewhere a while back that the computer needed reset after the filter as done but can’t remember the model and age. I think it was an old post. I’d just watch it. I say it’s a clump that will come out next oil change. If it was mechanical that code would repeat again instantly.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

Hopefully just a one time fluke glad cleared itself & didn’t leave you stranded stay aware & try catch any code# if happens again.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights