Spyder Garage

Spyder Tire Help in Florida

My 2020 RT Limited is now close to 11K miles and I am needing a new rear tire. I just left Sky Powersports in Lakeland to see about installing the Vredestein Quatrac 5 on the ride and they refused due to "liability." I am now trying to locate a shop (hopefully) in Central Florida that would be willing to install the tires. I am willing to purchase through the shop or purchase and bring in for installation. Does anyone in the group have a suggestion on where to find a shop that might be willing to help?

Thanks for your input in advance...
    2021 S2S , Green

Spyder Garage

Try going to a motorcycle shop to have the tire mounted if the wheel is already off the bike. That's what I had done when I replaced it with a Kumho tire on the rear. If the wheel is still on the bike I can't help you there as I'm on the opposite coast of Florida from you.
    Life is attitude, be positive!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rsnider1961 View Post
    My 2020 RT Limited is now close to 11K miles and I am needing a new rear tire. I just left Sky Powersports in Lakeland to see about installing the Vredestein Quatrac 5 on the ride and they refused due to "liability." I am now trying to locate a shop (hopefully) in Central Florida that would be willing to install the tires. I am willing to purchase through the shop or purchase and bring in for installation. Does anyone in the group have a suggestion on where to find a shop that might be willing to help?

I live in Vermont so I can't help with that question .... however if you can remove the front wheels , buy the tires and bring with yours to any shop that does tire changes .... they can probably balance them also ..... good luck ... Mike

Spyder Garage

Start calling other BRP dealers. Others might install for you.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Spyder Garage

If you remove the wheels, pretty much any tire shop will do it.

https://www.discounttire.com/store/fl/lake-city/s/2026

Spyder Garage

Check with Cycle Gear, they are in both Orlando and Tampa
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Call central fl powersports in Kissimmee or route 1 powersports in Malabar fl they can do it

Spyder Garage

Thanks so much for all the suggestions, I will get on the phone tomorrow and see what kind of luck I have.
    2021 S2S , Green

Spyder Garage

I pull the wheels off and take them to a local tire shop. They will mount the tires on the wheels, but won't take the wheels off and put them on. Removing the wheels is not a big job.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Action Can Am in Bradenton said they will mount my non OEM tires on my 2020. They never use to. I know I told them I did not like having to travel an extra hour to Barney's in Tampa area to get my General mounted 2 years ago.
    2020 RTL Chrome Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by K80Shooter View Post
    Check with Cycle Gear, they are in both Orlando and Tampa
    Our local Cycle Gear shop will not do Spyder tires.
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

You can also call Seminole Power Sports. I believe they will do it. Sanford, and Eustis. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

You all have been a tremendous help - I appreciate the input.
    2021 S2S , Green

Spyder Garage

You all have been a tremendous help - I appreciate the input.
    Let us know what dealer you went to? Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

After calling around I found Seminole Powersports to have the best deal. They would only sell me the Kendra, however, they are willing to install the General Altimax RT43 tires if I purchase and bring to them. There price is $205 to remove wheels from the bike, mount the new tires and reinstall on the bike. I have ordered the tires and will hopefully take care of this next week.

I have a 2020 RTL that I purchased last August and am getting it ready for a fun summer. I was on a ride through Georgia a couple weekends back and got into some rain. As I was going, it hit a puddle and hydroplaned a bit, however, I was able to keep control. During the event my Pedal Commander started acting up. As I would give the bike throttle, there was about a 2-3 second delay and then when I would let off the throttle there was a 2-3 second delay. Also, the throttle response was very iffy in how much power would be applied and then how slow if would ease off. My wife and I found a hotel in Waycross and I took the Pedal Commander off, made sure it was dried out overnight, reinstalled the next morning and everything has been good since.

With all of that said, I realized that I needed to have better tread on the rear tire as I now have approximately 11K miles on the factory tire. The tires cost me $276 and the mounting will add another $205 - for the safety factor (and hopefully better ride quality) I believe this is a wise decision. As I spoke with the sales team at the dealerships they warned me that I was making a bad decision going with a car tire and said I would have sidewall issue, however, I have not heard of that issue on this forum from anyone that has went that direction.

Thanks all for your help.
    2021 S2S , Green

Spyder Garage

The main thing that I think you need to do is make sure of the air pressure they put in the tires. There's lots of threads on here about that.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Try RideNow Powersports in Ocala
    Paul "Wingman" Metheney
    2020 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited

2020 RTL , Red