Spyder Garage

Default If there's no Red Dust, can it still be the front pulley?

yesterday the bike stop going into gear,in neutral when you put in reverse or 1st you can hear the bike go into gear but will not move. The rear belt has moved on the rear pully at least 1/2 way to coming off. So i thought for sure the red dust death. pulled the front pully cover and do not see red dust, but from what I have read it must be the front pully. if there is no red dust can the pully still be bad

Spyder Garage

I think you have several issues. Firstly, the red dust pulley issue doesn't normally affect the drive belt alignment so you have a drive belt or rear wheel alignment issue.
    Secondly, a worn front pulley wouldn't normally prevent you moving off unless it was completely stripped of its splines. Is your hand brake releasing correctly?
    Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
    Rule#1: Refer to rule #2.

Spyder Garage

Just my .02 My experience with the front Sprocket both times the bike would go into, 1st, Rev, and neutral but would not move at all and would make a grinding noise here is short video I made when it happen the first time and a pic of sprocket but the belt was never out of align.

https://youtu.be/tWo5I1IvFps

Pulley 1.jpg
    To be continued....

Spyder Garage

the few I have talkes to said when this happened there rear belt moved to the outside of the rear pully ,am pulling the front one off on sat