Spyder Garage

Default Food to Go vs. Ryker Linq Top Case

I know, sounds stoopid but...

Thanks to Covid, the wife and I have become quite accustomed to food-to-go. I'd love to be able to take the Ryker to pick up supper, so I'm shopping for suitable luggage but cant get my hands on the Linq Top Case internal dimensions. The only dimensional info I can find on-line for the top case is 10" x 10" x 12". Can someone who owns one please tell me if you believe you could comfortably fit a 9.5"L x 9.5"W x 6.5"H box in there without squishing? This is the largest food-to-go styrofoam clamshell we encounter.

So far the Nelson Rigg Commuter Sport is looking like the top contender.

Thanks.

Spyder Garage

I have both the 5.5 gal SR21 Tunnel case and the 4.5 gal Sport case, I've used them both to pick us up dinner many times without any issues. The tunnel case is the largest case that they currently make (5.5 gal). It measures interior 16.5 x 14 but the lid opening is smaller and measures 9-1/2" x 11". The height is a little adjustable when the lid is completely closed its only about 7.5" tall on the inside, but it can accommodate taller items as its adjustable by a couple of inches. Hers a pic of both. The Sport case is smaller (4.5 gal) (18" x 9.25" interior dimensions) , but the lid opening is the same as the case so its a large opening. About the only thing they couldn't accommodate would be a large pizza box, it could be netted or bungi corded to the top case of the Tunnel bag. Everything else dinner wise fit fine.

I like the larger Tunnel bag best of the two.

Pic without saddlebags.
    2020 Can Am Ryker Rally Sport Touring Edition

Spyder Garage

Cool looking Ryker. On the first picture it looks like you have a backrest if correct who makes it? Again nice looking Ryker!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RykerRick View Post
    I have both the 5.5 gal SR21 Tunnel case and the 4.5 gal Sport case, I've used them both to pick us up dinner many times without any issues. The tunnel case is the largest case that they currently make (5.5 gal). It measures interior 16.5 x 14 but the lid opening is smaller and measures 9-1/2" x 11". The height is a little adjustable when the lid is completely closed its only about 7.5" tall on the inside, but it can accommodate taller items as its adjustable by a couple of inches. Hers a pic of both. The Sport case is smaller (4.5 gal) (18" x 9.25" interior dimensions) , but the lid opening is the same as the case so its a large opening. About the only thing they couldn't accommodate would be a large pizza box, it could be netted or bungi corded to the top case of the Tunnel bag. Everything else dinner wise fit fine.
    Thanks, but this is the case I'm talking about: https://can-am-shop.brp.com/on-road/...-top-case.html

Spyder Garage

I know this doesn't answer your question but I wanted to share anyway. I watched a video once of a guy that ordered a pizza and picked it up on his Ryker. He secured it to his back with a cargo net, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle style and took off. I was laughing my head off over the absurdity of the whole thing. He cut quiet a figure tooling down the highway with a pizza strapped to his back. No word on how the toppings made out.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD101 View Post
    Cool looking Ryker. On the first picture it looks like you have a backrest if correct who makes it? Again nice looking Ryker!
    Its a $21.00 memory foam neck pillow made to attach to a vehicle headrest. I made it work for a backrest using the two included buckle straps on the back.
    LINK: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077Q382WD...roduct_details
    2020 Can Am Ryker Rally Sport Touring Edition

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gkamer View Post
    I know this doesn't answer your question but I wanted to share anyway. I watched a video once of a guy that ordered a pizza and picked it up on his Ryker. He secured it to his back with a cargo net, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle style and took off. I was laughing my head off over the absurdity of the whole thing. He cut quiet a figure tooling down the highway with a pizza strapped to his back. No word on how the toppings made out.
    ... I'll bet it looked more like a " calzone " when He opened the box ..... jmho .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gkamer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ... I'll bet it looked more like a " calzone " when He opened the box ..... jmho .... Mike
    And here I was picturing 'naked pizza strapped to back', all pre-patterned with pepperoni & wedges just like a turtle shell!! . I guess a pizza box would be a little less messy tho!?! .

Back in my youth, one of my mate's used to collect his Take-away Pizzas on his bike, discard the box immediately, roll up the pizza into a loose tube & wrap it in a couple of serviettes, then stuff it down the front of his jacket. That's partly why his nick-name was 'Animal'; the permanent pizza-grease stains on the front of all his T-shirts sorta helped, and suited too.... . I can't tell you the remainder of the reason for his nick-name tho, cos this is a 'G' rated Forum!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RickD View Post
    I know, sounds stoopid but...

Thanks to Covid, the wife and I have become quite accustomed to food-to-go. I'd love to be able to take the Ryker to pick up supper, so I'm shopping for suitable luggage but cant get my hands on the Linq Top Case internal dimensions. The only dimensional info I can find on-line for the top case is 10" x 10" x 12". Can someone who owns one please tell me if you believe you could comfortably fit a 9.5"L x 9.5"W x 6.5"H box in there without squishing? This is the largest food-to-go styrofoam clamshell we encounter.

So far the Nelson Rigg Commuter Sport is looking like the top contender.

Thanks.
    Here is another option. Add the LinQ rack to your MaxMount and purchase the available cooler. It is larger and insulated
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow