Spyder Garage

Default Cardo Freedom 4 question

My wife and I are using the Cardo Freedom4 and we only use it for talking between us. We want the mics to stay open all the time so we can just talk like we are setting at the table at home. The problem is the intercom keeps shutting off and we have to yell or push the button to activate it again. Then other times when we are riding the intercom stay on and open all day??? Is there a way to turn on the intercom so it stay open all the time?
    I contacted Cardo a week ago and so far no response.

Ant suggestions?

SCWingman

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by scwingman View Post
    My wife and I are using the Cardo Freedom4 and we only use it for talking between us. We want the mics to stay open all the time so we can just talk like we are setting at the table at home. The problem is the intercom keeps shutting off and we have to yell or push the button to activate it again. Then other times when we are riding the intercom stay on and open all day??? Is there a way to turn on the intercom so it stay open all the time?
    I contacted Cardo a week ago and so far no response.

Ant suggestions? SCWingman
    I think the intercom shuts down after some period of time without sensing input from either rider, to conserve battery life. You should be able to wake it up again using a normal voice command 'hey cardo, call intercom'
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Make sure you have the latest firmware. Turn off the speed sensitive volume. Make sure the mic is facing the right direction (I think there is an arrow).

Spyder Garage

I found this. Hopefully it helps.

"We recently switched from the BMW solution to the Cardo Freecom 4+ product. Have enjoyed it when riding solo for music and phone, however when two up we found the intercom kept dropping. Talked to Cardo support and found out something that is not in the user manual. If you use the voice command to open the intercom channel it will close after 30 seconds of silence. If you use the button to open the channel it will stay open, or so they say, we will be testing it on the next ride. Thought I would pass on this finding!"

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AZCanAm View Post
    I found this. Hopefully it helps.

"We recently switched from the BMW solution to the Cardo Freecom 4+ product. Have enjoyed it when riding solo for music and phone, however when two up we found the intercom kept dropping. Talked to Cardo support and found out something that is not in the user manual. If you use the voice command to open the intercom channel it will close after 30 seconds of silence. If you use the button to open the channel it will stay open, or so they say, we will be testing it on the next ride. Thought I would pass on this finding!"
    Thank you. There's no way I would have known that from their user guides.
    2014 RTL Platinum