Thread: Saved $

Spyder Garage

Default Saved $

Saved $30,000 today,...............canceled my order of Spyder RTL, after reading all the problems and troubles all of you folks have and having to remove all those plastic panels (which will break sooner or later) Thanks for the insight.

Spyder Garage

While I am still 100% pro my Spyder and have no intention to upgrade as it has only 71.4K miles I do find it somewhat distressing that the production quality control of the MY20 & 21 is not what I consider up to snuff, and most important for me, I have no use for all that electronic dashboard hooey.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage
    2020 RT-L , Lamonster brake pedal riser Red

Spyder Garage

Sounds like trolling to me. You log in to a site called, "Spyder Lovers" to say you won't have a Spyder?
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfixer View Post
    Sounds like trolling to me. You log in to a site called, "Spyder Lovers" to say you won't have a Spyder?
    I fully intended to purchase a spyder, had put $1000,00 down even, but to hear all the problems changed my mind. Guess I'll just stay with my Tri Glide, have all the bugs worked out and its easy to work on, no plastic to remove.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by azwiz View Post
    I fully intended to purchase a spyder, had put $1000,00 down even, but to hear all the problems changed my mind. Guess I'll just stay with my Tri Glide, have all the bugs worked out and its easy to work on, no plastic to remove.
    Good thinking. Bye.

Spyder Garage

Big mistake. I came off of a TriGlide after 5 years and decades on Harleys. I would never go back. Spyder is so much nicer and more comfortable. And I don't find it any harder to work on, just different.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

C'mon guys, leave him alone.

So what if someone else can't see thru the discussion here about all the relatively minor issues to realise how few of us would actually give our Spyders up cos we enjoy them so much?

So what if someone can't realise from everything posted here that it's easy enough to work around the bigger things (I just tossed the Kendas! ) and the vast majority of us would never give up our Spyders for any of the 'lesser rydes' we left behind!

And so what if someone doesn't like Spyders; that's fine, it's their opinion, it doesn't hafta be yours; we can tolerate discussion here, even 'robust' discussion, just so long as it complies with the Forum Rules!

And lastly, so what if there's any poster here who actually may be a troll, the more posts they put up the more obvious it'll be & the more likely they'll be reported as such, earning themselves a record across the internet that might make doing the same elsewhere difficult if not impossible; but regardless, answering the way some of you have been is EXACTLY what a troll would be after.... so why play their game at all?

Play nice, please.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-30-2021 at 05:23 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Saved $30,000 today,...............canceled my order of Spyder RTL, after reading all the problems and troubles all of you folks have and having to remove all those plastic panels (which will break sooner or later) Thanks for the insight.
    Why are you telling us this?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    C'mon guys, leave him alone.

So what if someone else can't see thru the discussion here about all the relatively minor issues to realise how few of us would actually give our Spyders up cos we enjoy them so much?

So what if someone can't realise from everything posted here that it's easy enough to work around the bigger things (I just tossed the Kendas! ) and the vast majority of us would never give up our Spyders for any of the 'lesser rydes' we left behind!

And so what if someone doesn't like Spyders; that's fine, it's their opinion, it doesn't hafta be yours; we can tolerate discussion here, even 'robust' discussion, just so long as it complies with the Forum Rules!

And lastly, so what if there's any poster here who actually may be a troll, the more posts they put up the more obvious it'll be & the more likely they'll be reported as such, earning themselves a record across the internet that might make doing the same elsewhere difficult if not impossible; but regardless, answering the way some of you have been is EXACTLY what a troll would be after.... so why play their game at all?

Play nice, please.
    Peter, between this and his 'pain in the a__' thread, it's obvious he came on here to tell us the low opinion he has of Spyders. Who needs that on this forum?

Tell HIM to play nice. I think he got off pretty easy compared to what someone would experience saying similar things on an H-D forum.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

It seems to me if you'll just ignore his posts completely he'll get bored and leave in search of more fertile ground to satisfy his loneliness.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

I have had two Tri-Glide owners tell me they wish they had bought a Spyder. Many get onto a forum because they are having a problem and want help. Have you observed that they do get that help? For every post with a problem, there are thousands out there that never have a one. I have to keep that in mind when peeping into H-D forums. Talk about your problem bikes.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Off topic, but....

The OP is entitled to his opinion. However, its not going to fly well on a site called Spyder Lovers. As a moderator, I will repeat what I said in his previous thread....We don't have to attack the guy. The best defense here is to add to ignore list, or don't read the posts. There have been enough attacks that the velvet hammer is about to come out. I would rather leave it in the bag. Everyone, including the OP should get the message.

I like my current two Spyders. I liked my other five Spyders. I have owned the product since they first came out. I had the first one delivered to a paying customer in Alaska, 2008 GS SM5.

I now have almost 200,000 assorted miles across the board on all seven Spyders. Never had a problem with ANY of them. Sorry, but I like mine.

UNHIJACK
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 04-30-2021 at 06:47 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Sorry i do not post much but do read some topics i have a 2017 rts 19890 miles only problem i had was rear caliper would not retract and it my have been my fault, i get 38to 40 mpg and i am 74 ride 2 up some time but i do love the bike.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Peter, between this and his 'pain in the a__ thread, it's obvious he came on here to tell us the low opinion he has of Spyders. Who needs that on this forum?

Tell him to play nice. I think he got off pretty easy compared to what someone would experience saying similar things on an H-D forum.
    I told those picking to leave him alone, explained why, then told EVERYBODY to play nice Pete!

Besides, this ISN'T a Harley Forum, it's a SPYDER/RYKER Forum, and as others have mentioned, here on THIS FORUM, we like to try & help those with Spyder/Ryker questions &/or issues, don't we?? Plus, it's not now nor ever has been your place to tell other people what they can or cannot post; and if you think someone's broken the rules here, then you should just REPORT THEIR POST by clicking on that little exclamation mark in a triangle down in the bottom left of their post.... I thought you'd know that by now Pete?!

As I alluded and others have said since, if you ignore his negative posts completely then eventually he'll get bored and go elsewhere. And IF he really is a troll, then whilever you & others keep biting, he's gonna keep trolling and tossing in the bait that you seem to be incapable of resisting & reacting badly to!

And now that AR has weighed in as well, it should be obvious to all that the Moderators here ARE keeping a very close eye on this thread & ALL those posting in it!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Can I ask a serious question? What spyder actually costs $30,000? Sorry but if you’re paying that then you need to find a better dealer. Even the most expensive RTL doesn’t cost that out the door! Just giving advice to the OP

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    I told those picking to leave him alone, explained why, then told EVERYBODY to play nice Pete!

Besides, this ISN'T a Harley Forum, it's a SPYDER/RYKER Forum, and as others have mentioned, here on THIS FORUM, we like to try & help those with Spyder/Ryker questions &/or issues, don't we?? Plus, it's not now nor ever has been your place to tell other people what they can or cannot post; and if you think someone's broken the rules here, then you should just REPORT THEIR POST by clicking on that little exclamation mark in a triangle down in the bottom left of their post.... I thought you'd know that by now Pete?!

As I alluded and others have said since, if you ignore his negative posts completely then eventually he'll get bored and go elsewhere. And IF he really is a troll, then whilever you & others keep biting, he's gonna keep trolling and tossing in the bait that you seem to be incapable of resisting & reacting badly to!

And now that AR has weighed in as well, it should be obvious to all that the Moderators here ARE keeping a very close eye on this thread & ALL those posting in it!
    I’m fairly new here, but seems now the moderator is attacking their own, right or wrong that’s my perception.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wmoater View Post
    Can I ask a serious question? What spyder actually costs $30,000? Sorry but if you’re paying that then you need to find a better dealer. Even the most expensive RTL doesn’t cost that out the door! Just giving advice to the OP
    S2S RT lists for $29,799. Close enough to $30k.

Spyder Garage

$27.699 here. I agree with you monk but few are paying that. I remember 16-19 was $31000 but no dealer was selling for that. I bought mine at $22. Look up a tru-glide $35000 starting! No deals there I can count on that. I owned HD for 30 years!

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Adventurer View Post
    I’m fairly new here, but seems now the moderator is attacking their own, right or wrong that’s my perception.
    Not at all. I'm agreeing with & supporting AR, just as his post agreed with & supported mine. We even used very much the same terms if not words expressing the same sentiment - I don't know how you could've interpreted that as 'attacking' . And I'm also drawing everyone's attention to the fact that there's not just ONE Moderator keeping an eye on things here, there's a few of us, even if only 2 have posted here in this thread so far.

But as AR said earlier, this IS off topic, so let's get back on track - you've ALL been warned to behave, and now you know that ALL the Mods are united in their resolve & direction on this, and watching closely too!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-30-2021 at 08:25 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Confusing! On 4/28 11:15 AM, early in the PITA thread he responded to Big Arm when BA told him to sell it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Arm View Post
    Sell it
    Cant find a sucker, guess I need a bigger hook or maybe a better ear of corn!
    Now he says he saved $30,000 by canceling his order. So what is it? Did he own one already or not? Was he seriously asking questions about working on the 2021 RT, or not?

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)