Spyder Garage

Post No power to aux light

I have a 2020 RT Spyder and July 2020 installed a below frunk auxiliary light I bought from Amazon, 2 for about $27.00 instead of the $200.00 plus light from BRP. It’s perfect and has been so for about 10,000 miles.
    We have six 2020 RTLs in our group and installed same light with no issues in three of them. No issues.
    This other friend has a 2020 RTL and asked me to help install one on his bike, easy peasy, 15 minutes and be done with it. Didn’t happen that way....
    There is no power going to the pre-wired connector, it’s supposed to be hot while the bike is running, it’s not.
    Checked the light to make sure it is good and it’s fine. Checked wires with test light and meter, no current.
    Do any of you know why this may be? Fuses are good, wires look good and everything else seems fine.
    I’m usually real good at this sort of situation but I’m stumped on this.
    2020 RT , Custom Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

I have a new Sea2Sky on order. Here in the UK they come not fitted with the auxiliary, signature or trunk tail/stop lights fitted, supposedly illegal here. I hope when it arrives the wires to these locations are fitted and live so that I came fit alternatives such as yours. I will keep an eye on this thread in case they are not.
    Alan.

Spyder Garage

the aux. light connector wires are tied into the headlight harness on the left side headlight. you need to remove the left side tupperware to see the junction. it's a plug-in connector so that you can detach the frunk if necessary. this is where I spliced my on/off switch for my aux. light. your issue should be found there. I'm guessing that one or both aux. light wires aren't tied into the headlight harness.
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I sure appreciate the input, this am I checked the connection on the left side, real easy now because all the Tupperware is off and at the paint shop. There is no power coming to that connection, also there is no power to the other auxiliary plug right beside the problem child.
    Everything else on the bike works great. Rechecked fuses and all good. Does anyone know which fuse or relay is in conjunction with those two plugs? I can’t believe that those two aux plugs are on a dedicated circuit, nor can I find this in the manual.
    I am baffled, our dealer is not all that competent in my opinion. I believe it’s something small where everything else is good.
    Any help would be appreciated

Spyder Garage

First of all..... do your headlight work? if so, it is not a fuse. secondly, what other aux. lights don't work? it sounds to me that the wires tied in to your headlights are not tight or even connected. therein lies the problem. is your spyder a Rt or a RTL? RTL has marker lights tied in to the right connector and the front aux. light wires tied into the left connector. RT has no marker lights.
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

All the lights work great, it’s a RTL and have the marker lights. I am really beginning to think the two aux connectors on the left side of the bike are NOT connected to the headlight harness. I have no idea where that connection may be. I was hoping the other aux. connection would work but it’s not. I was able to follow those wires into a large wrapped wire bundle that goes under the seat pan.
    It least it’s not a serious situation in that I discovered this by installing the low auxiliary light whic one can I’ve without. I don’t believe this is the first and only 2020-2021 that has experienced this. Thanks for the follow up....