Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Looking for GE window A/C part

Model: AHS05LXQ1

I bought (2) of these used a couple of years ago. My tenant doesn't need either one so they've been sitting in my garden shed ever since. I took them out the other day to make sure they both still work. One works great. The other one now has a defective power switch. I'll bet the unit works fine but the switch won't switch to ON. It's stuck on OFF. I've searched everywhere for a replacement switch and can't find one so I'm turning to you guys for help.

On the control panel, there is a knob and (2) switches. The top switch is HI/LO. That works fine. It's the ON/OFF switch below that won't move.

Spyder Garage

I worked for another A/C company in replacement parts. Since all current GE room airs have electronic control panels, your S.O.L there. The switch is probably rotary or rocker. You may want to check a Grainger's catalog. Even if you find something, it won't be an exact drop in. You can also remove the switch. It's probably corroded. See if you can clean it.

One last thing, if you've not already tried it, google GE customer service phone number and give a call. Then, they'll probably give a call to their replacement parts people. Good luck.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    I worked for another A/C company in replacement parts. Since all current GE room airs have electronic control panels, your S.O.L there. The switch is probably rotary or rocker. You may want to check a Grainger's catalog. Even if you find something, it won't be an exact drop in. You can also remove the switch. It's probably corroded. See if you can clean it.
    Thanks. It's a rocker switch. I took it out a few weeks ago. It didn't look corroded. It looked like perhaps something broke (it's just a cheap plastic switch) and stuck in the works. It's not that it's difficult to work, it just won't budge so much as a milimeter. Everything else is in good working order. I'll check Grainger to see if they have anything.

Spyder Garage

If it has tangs wrapped around the bottom, pry them off and open it up for a look inside. If the rocker has plastic pins on each side, pry the main case and pullout the rocker for a look inside. How about a picture of the switch?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-29-2021 at 07:31 AM. Reason: rocker, not rocket. ;-)
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    Thanks. It's a rocker switch. I took it out a few weeks ago. It didn't look corroded. It looked like perhaps something broke (it's just a cheap plastic switch) and stuck in the works. It's not that it's difficult to work, it just won't budge so much as a milimeter. Everything else is in good working order. I'll check Grainger to see if they have anything.
    Does it look like this?

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDet...X10152/3030516

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbelt Spyder View Post
    If it does, that is the second kind I talked about above. You can slide a knife blade down the side of the rocker and pop it out. Clean it up and use a little dielectric grease on the plunger. Then snap it back together. Or carry it into Ace Hardware and find a matching one. That is very much like the one use in RV hot water heaters, and I got one at Ace.
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbelt Spyder View Post

It doesn't. It's rubber covered.

20210429_180944.jpg

Spyder Garage

If you can get the p/n mfg off the part, Grainger's can cross reference (or maybe even Ace) to something they carry. From what little I see, the A/C looks in good shape. Good luck.

When I say cross reference, it's probably spdt, but I'm mostly talking dimensions.