Spyder Garage

Default Need to Wire 2019 RT to 5-pin flat for Bushtec camper?

I am new to the 2019 RT coming from a 2010 RT. My 2010 was wired by a dealer with a 5-pin flat to match my Bushtec camper. There is a square wiring plug on the RT that I assume is for a Can Am trailer. My Bushtec camper has a 5-pin flat on it. How can I connect the 4-pin square to the 5-pin flat? I am certainly not an electrician. I'm willing to buy what I need if there are adapters and I have a buddy who is knowledgeable about wiring. Just need some instruction. Ryde on...

Ryde, eat, sleep.... repeat

2019 Spyder RT Limited Pearl White/Dark
    LaMonster drink holder with X-Grip
    LaMonster Belt Dampener
    Lamonster USB cable with extension

Variously called Stormtrooper, Pearl, and Goober by wife and various (friends?)

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I'll try tomorrow to find the thread with a link to what you need. I have a 5 wire trailer but I made my own harness connecting to a six wire plug.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Look at this, it is what I used for my Bustec.
    Show Chrome Accessories 41-162 Trailer Wire Harness for Spyder
    r RT

Spyder Garage

I'm pretty sure that's the one I was thinking of but I couldn't find it on Big Bike parts. Didn't think to look at Show Chrome since BBP and SC are the same company, I think. Then I got busy with other higher priority stuff.

Here's the link:https://www.amazon.com/Show-Chrome-A...19784477&psc=1

It comes with a bare wire end so you can put whatever plug you need on it. The only thing I don't like about it is that it connects right into the taillight connectors rather than the main harness under the seat. Because of that you have to run a separate wire to battery power instead of drawing it from the main harness like the BRP and Spyder Accessories ones do. But it'll work.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

value accessories a sponsor here has that very nice people i put one one last week took about an hour make sure that the fuse holder is accessible i ran it up under the seat

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy View Post
    value accessories a sponsor here has that very nice people i put one one last week took about an hour make sure that the fuse holder is accessible i ran it up under the seat
    I believe Lamonster's Garage also has it.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    I believe Lamonster's Garage also has it.
    Lamonster has this:
    http://www.lamonstergarage.com/can-a...ter-lamonster/

but it doesn't fill the OP's needs for a 5-pin flat since it's a 4-pin to 4-pin converter
    Pete Tamblyn
    Cleveland, GA

2020 F3 Limited (black)

Time Out XL1800 cargo trailer

2019 Royal Enfield 650 Interceptor
    2018 Kawasaki Versys-X 300

2013 ST (sold)
    2015 F3-S SOLD
    2014 RT-Limited (cognac) SOLD

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by motoswami View Post
    Lamonster has this:
    http://www.lamonstergarage.com/can-a...ter-lamonster/

but it doesn't fill the OP's needs for a 5-pin flat since it's a 4-pin to 4-pin converter
    This is the one I was referring to, but it's shown as out of stock.

http://www.lamonstergarage.com/trail...019-lamonster/. You have to add the 5 pin connector to it.

2014 Copper RTS