Spyder Garage

Default I finally figured it out!

The parts on a Spyder are very similar to early Corvettes. Each has its own characteristics and body panel movements. In the early Corvettes some of the body panels would creek or rattle. Same thing on a Can-Am Spyder RT. Some of the body panels either creek or rattle. Other parts vibrate with all causing noise. I simply reverted back to my old Corvette days and decided to treat the body panels and other parts like I did the early Corvettes. First you have to find the rattle or creek and second you need to find a way to shim or otherwise isolate them. Once I figured this out everything after that was easy. Locate it, Find out what’s causing it and fix it with a shim, usually rubber or a proper fastener. The proper mindset solves everything, to a certain extent.

Spyder Garage

Congratulations on figuring it out for your Spyder. I'm so hard of hearing with ear plugs in and the engine running mine doesn't rattle or squeak to me.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

I love this!

'... solves everything, to a certain extent'.

I'm going to use this on my wife and see how far it gets me! I'm going to check the status of my hospital coverage first though...
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

“The proper mindset solves everything, to a certain extent.” !!!!!!!!!!!!

I just retired from 40 years of servicing medical imaging equipment. When I started I remember one of the crusty old guys constantly telling me...”You got to want to fix it, then it’s easy!” Those words echoed through my head for years. In fact, it was so true that this crusty old guy adopted it as I worked with my team. I’m sure that my face is the picture conjured up when the next generation repeats these words of wisdom. I guess that means I get credit for it!
    2020 RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    I love this!

'... solves everything, to a certain extent'.

I'm going to use this on my wife and see how far it gets me! I'm going to check the status of my hospital coverage first though...
    Good luck with that Ron!!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderDriver View Post
    “The proper mindset solves everything, to a certain extent.” !!!!!!!!!!!!

I just retired from 40 years of servicing medical imaging equipment. When I started I remember one of the crusty old guys constantly telling me...”You got to want to fix it, then it’s easy!” Those words echoed through my head for years. In fact, it was so true that this crusty old guy adopted it as I worked with my team. I’m sure that my face is the picture conjured up when the next generation repeats these words of wisdom. I guess that means I get credit for it!
    My whole working career was fixing electronic equipment(USCG and NCR) and designing/installing banks computer networks. I enjoyed it and "wanted to fix it" until I was outsourced to EDS along with the banks network and 1149 over techs. I stuck it out for three years and ran to the door when I turned 62, and never looked back!
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.