Spyder Garage

Default Advice on Mounting Vredestein Q5 front tires.

I remember seeing a post a year or two ago concerning the mounting of the Q5 front tires that helped to have the water spray from the tires to be directed to the outside of the trike instead of towards the inside under the spyder. There was something about the blue line on the tires being mounted on inside towards the spyder or on the outside away from the spyder.
    Would appreciate help on finding the thread or advice on if there is something I should have done when having the tires mounted.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The Q5s have "outside" and "inside" written on the tires. I would expect the best bet is to mount them that way.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gary123 View Post
    I remember seeing a post a year or two ago concerning the mounting of the Q5 front tires that helped to have the water spray from the tires to be directed to the outside of the trike instead of towards the inside under the spyder. There was something about the blue line on the tires being mounted on inside towards the spyder or on the outside away from the spyder.
    Would appreciate help on finding the thread or advice on if there is something I should have done when having the tires mounted.
    Can't help with that specific post .... however my Q-5's have " inner side" embossed on the sidewall .... which indicates the " Blue line " is to the outside .... also there arn't any " directional arrows on the sidewall ..... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gary123 View Post
    Gary, I think this is the thread you are thinking about. You are going to like them. Have them front and rear on mine and have settled on 18 PSI all the way around.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ting-Direction
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    The Q5s have "outside" and "inside" written on the tires. I would expect the best bet is to mount them that way.
    I wonder which side is outside on the rear wheel

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Adventurer View Post
    I wonder which side is outside on the rear wheel
    Obviously, ... it's the side you can SEE.

HER ride:
    2017 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G