Spyder Garage

Default 2020/21 Heated Comfort Seat Driver's Backrest - is there one?

Does anyone make a driver's backrest or the 2020/21 heated comfort seat besides BRP? All that I see say "stock seat only". Does the heated comfort seat qualify?
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

Because the BRP backrest for my 2021 RTL with heated seat was on backorder til July now..was April... I bought a cheaper backrest by ShowChrome..from the vendor Slingmods...excellent purchase experience/delivery time from this vendor.

At the time, February this year, Utopia was closed or else I would have ordered a Utopia for sure. Am not completely happy with the Showchrome. It takes time to wrench it to just the right setting and if you want to change the setting on a ride you had better brought your wrenches along. Additionally, the pad is very small and feels like a smooth fist in my back. Also.. had to do some finagling to get the support bracket into its proper position under the seat. It didn’t just slip right into place as the video showed. In the end, it does support you and has some decent adjustibility...and is reasonbly priced.

But the Utopia is on my radar screen and closing very quickly. I have had a Utopia on the last 3 bikes I have had. Adjustability is just a turn of the set-screw with fingers for forward/back. There is a little more involved to move it up/down.

Good luck with your quest and let us know which one you chose.
    2021 RT Ltd, Marsala Red/Black, Dark
    New course heading Mr Sulu: 2nd star to the right and straight on til morning...

Spyder Garage

Just got the Utopia backrest and I'm very pleased with it I've got a 2020 RTL.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm on my 3rd Utopia. Best backrest out there as far as I'm concerned.

Spyder Garage

They replied to my email that they had not had an order for one on a heated comfort seat, so they are sending the mounting bracket for me to try. I bought a Utopia for my GL1800 before I even had the bike. Plunged the bread knife into the brand new seat the first night I had it home.
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pidjones View Post
    Does anyone make a driver's backrest or the 2020/21 heated comfort seat besides BRP? All that I see say "stock seat only". Does the heated comfort seat qualify?
    To answer your question, yes, the Heated Comfort Seat, and the stock seat utilize the same backrest from Can Am. To be clear, the back rest is not heated.
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Utopia sent me the mount for their backrest to test fit on our 2021 RTLimited with heated comfort seats. Fits perfectly! I told them to go ahead and charge my card and send the rest of the kit.
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

Default Backrest Utopia

Quote Originally Posted by pidjones View Post
    Utopia sent me the mount for their backrest to test fit on our 2021 RTLimited with heated comfort seats. Fits perfectly! I told them to go ahead and charge my card and send the rest of the kit.
    I Guys

I have a Utopia backrest on 2014 RT Limited and it is great, multiple adjustments premium workmanship.

FlyBoy2121
    2014 RT ltd , original original Cognac