Spyder Garage

Default Installing ELKA shocks

How hard is it to install ELKA shocks on a 2017 F3 limited? Can you install the front only and worry about the rear?
    Thanks,
    Jim

Spyder Garage

I put Wilbers on my 16 F3-L, Jim, and don’t remember the front being too hard. Getting the bolts in for the rear caused some cussing though.

I did the rear first as I needed the heavier shock to stop bottoming out as my top priority, but there is no issue with doing the fronts and leaving the rear till later.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

I put a set of front shocks on mine this year, and still have the factory set up in the rear!!! It's working well so far, but as soon as the air bag go's for any reason it will be aftermarket shock time and get rid of the headaches!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl