Spyder Garage

Default Best Video for replacing seat on 2016 RT

Hi
    I’m going to sell my Spyder and want to remove the Ultimate Seat and reinstall the original. Looking for a video with clear instructions to review before I attempt. The Ultimate was installed for me so I didn’t see how complicated it may be. Thanks!

Spyder Garage

See this link starting at about 5'15": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSKo9Gn14MY.
    It's just the reverse, going from the Ultimate to the OEM seat. The most important point is stuffing a shop cloth in the hole at the rear of the seat so you don't lose anything down into the black hole of Spyder World.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    See this link starting at about 5'15": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSKo9Gn14MY.
    It's just the reverse, going from the Ultimate to the OEM seat. The most important point is stuffing a shop cloth in the hole at the rear of the sear so you don't lose anything down into the black hole of Spyder World.
    Absolutely - stuff a cloth into the space beneath the two rear mounting points. Removing the nut and bolt combination isn't difficult but if you're not careful a nut, or one or both of the metal sleeves through which the bolts are inserted, will fall into the black hole. This I know from first hand experience - sadly. Every bit of information helps!
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

If you get one of these or if you have one it will make taking that seat off much easier. (Blackhawk GW-9946R Drive Rotator Ratchet, 1/4") or similar. As said above just make sure you plugs the hole. Easy peasy.
    To be continued....