Spyder Garage

Default Can I use the power line for a Zumo 660 for a Zumo XT?

I am replacing a Zumo 660 on a 2014 Spyder RT Limited that I bought a few months ago. I'm not great at taking things apart and putting them back together so I'm looking for a short cut.

I've purchased a Zumo XT to replace a Zumo 660.

My handlebars were upgraded by the previous owner to adjustable handle bars and the mount the base mount on the steering column will take my Zumo XT so there is no problem there. No need for adaptive parts.

The power line (power, audio...) is right there and it appears that I have enough slack to splice the power line into the existing Zumo 660 power line. I am aware that the other wires for audio and things won't be needed and they will be ignored.

Has anyone just used the Zumo 660 power lines for the Zumo XT and if so, were there any problems?

It appears that the Zumo XT powerline has a plastic box on it that appears to drop the voltage to an output voltage of 4.8 - 5.5 volts. This is my concern. If the Zumo 660 line has the same type of box, it could cut the power too much if I just splice in.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I would no splice anything. Use the new cable that's what I plan on doing and just put on a new plug so it can plug into the power harness.
    But yes you can do as you are asking.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    I would no splice anything. Use the new cable that's what I plan on doing and just put on a new plug so it can plug into the power harness.
    But yes you can do as you are asking.
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Thanks for your response. I appreciate it. I’m going to Denver in a couple of months and I’ll let him do the dirty work. He is good at it.