Spyder Garage

Default Tips on Taking Delivery

My dealer is [allegedly] going to be putting my '21 900 together on Tuesday 4-27, doing the state inspection, and then I will be going in the following day to pass judgement, and pony-up the ridiculous cash. Any insider tips on what to check/watch out for would be greatly appreciated!! Proper wheel nut lock ring installation is on my very short list.

Thanks!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by RickD View Post
    My dealer is [allegedly] going to be putting my '21 900 together on Tuesday 4-27, doing the state inspection, and then I will be going in the following day to pass judgement, and pony-up the ridiculous cash. Any insider tips on what to check/watch out for would be greatly appreciated!! Proper wheel nut lock ring installation is on my very short list.

Thanks!
    You may want to consider asking them to hook up BUDS to check that all software is current....watch them do this! It takes 5 minutes.....Don’t take their word that they did it upon inspection.
    All they do is put wheels and fenders and a windshield on it.....
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Spyder Garage

Make sure the handlebars are clocked perfectly straight (don't ask me how I know)

Spyder Garage

Make sure the shock preloads are adjusted to solo or 2 up riding. Whichever for you. Jerk up and down at the handlebar stem. Should be solid. A washer was missing on earlier year makes. I would imagine that has been solved by now though.

Spyder Garage

Tire pressures (mine was delivered last week with all 10 psi high), oil level, brake fluid level.
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

+1 on the handlebars being straight, they are notorious for them being slightly off. Also if they did it right, the front wheels should be slightly toed in. It will be hard to tell about the handlebars being straight just sitting in the parking lot, pay attention to it when you leave and are driving down the road straight. Better yet, tell them you want to take it for a quick test spin down the road and back. Also, check for scuffs, scrapes & scratches on the wheels and body panels, some of these techs are real winners.
    2020 Can Am Ryker Rally Sport Touring Edition

Spyder Garage

My rims were full of dirt and scuffs. They polished off 90%. But why was it my job to sit there for 45 mins working hard with polishing compound. I heard it’s common as the rims say made in China on them

Spyder Garage

2 keys on the F3s, per the owners manual. Your results may vary.

Spyder Garage

I know nothing about Rykers; haven't even looked closely at one, but from what I've read hereon about owners with new Spyders and problems, questions, etc., after taking possession, go to this link, http://www.operatorsguides.brp.com/I...adster&type=og, drill down to your model, save a copy of the operator's guide to your computer, and read the bloody thing thoroughly before you part with a single buck.

Regarding post #5, if you don't already own one, get a quality digital pressure gauge, take it with you and check the tire pressure in front of the dealership rep and question what the hell they're doing if there is a substantial difference between what the operator's guide states and what your gauge reads. Ditto the oil and brake fluid level and the operator's guide. Be certain the engine is at normal operating temperature before you check the oil level.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

As per my experience, Check any and ALL fasteners for being stripped. And that all of your body panels are properly attached. If they have to remove anything to install accessories check that area for any damage or not being re-assembled properly.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Thanks, everyone! All good stuff.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RickD View Post

Thanks!
    Did you get the bike picked up okay?Everything check out good?