here is my "solution" for using GPS without using BRP connect apps:

- download "Herewego" app and load all the locations from around the world that are applicable to you. this can be done with a wifi connect so no data is used. You can down load on a state or province by province basis or all of the USA or Canada. It also has all of Europe and most of the world from what I can see. the only limitation is how much storage capacity you have on your phone.
- connect phone to my 2019 F3Ltd - applies equally to all 2018 and on F3T/Ltd and RT models
- set Herewego to be used off line
- set Herewego to use bluetooth speakers
- set audio to bluetooth on spyder

tested today and my heretofore app will provide direction instructions while audio/music is playing from my phone.

I have used herewego, a free app, for 5 years now and it has never let me done. I am advised if map updates are available. When i travel I typically load my destination on the app before leaving and once in the vehicle merely select recent locations and the location I want and the rest is automatic once the phone is paired to my car and now my F3 Ltd. I never have to worry about cell coverage or data download costs. Further until using BRP connect I can still get calls on my phone.

Just my thoughts on an option to BRP connect maps and other options that often require a cell signal and data charges. Any questions let me know.