Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Shout Out to Mark Lawrence and Calsci

Hi Folks, I just wanted to give a big shout out to Mark Lawrence and the gang at Calsci (California Scientific), for the Great job they did on making my new windshield. They are located in Missouri and can be found doing a web search for Calsci or under marklawrence17 on Ebay. I highly recommend these good folks for their outstanding workmanship and product!
    2011 RSS , Metallic Orange and Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rickfeesejr View Post
    Hi Folks, I just wanted to give a big shout out to Mark Lawrence and the gang at Calsci (California Scientific), for the Great job they did on making my new windshield. They are located in Missouri and can be found doing a web search for Calsci or under marklawrence17 on Ebay. I highly recommend these good folks for their outstanding workmanship and product!
    What difference are you experiencing with your CalSci windshield compared to stock?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Hi Pete, So far no negatives. I went with the medium size windshield that they offer. They suggest different size shields for different driver heights. I'm only 5'5" so I went with medium even though size wise the chart suggested short, but the shorty is only available in dark tint, not good for at dusk and dark. They vent the shields at the location where the stock RSS shield's top point is. I call the old windshield a bug deflector. LOL So the big positives are they cut down on the wind resistance against your body and no bugs or rain in your face. No difference to me in the ride. I hope this helps you on a decision.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hi Pete, So far no negatives. I went with the medium size windshield that they offer. They suggest different size shields for different driver heights. I'm only 5'5" so I went with medium even though size wise the chart suggested short, but the shorty is only available in dark tint, not good for at dusk and dark. They vent the shields at the location where the stock RSS shield's top point is. I call the old windshield a bug deflector. LOL So the big positives are they cut down on the wind resistance against your body and no bugs or rain in your face. No difference to me in the ride. I hope this helps you on a decision.
    Thanks Rick. I've been trying to solve the backdraft issue for some time now and will try the CalSci solution if the Saeng/TA microswirl doesn't work.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Hi Pete, how is that option working for you?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hi Pete, how is that option working for you?
    Rick, I ordered and installed their Large. It looks substantial. I hope to give it a good trial run soon; the bike is still up on blocks while I finish some maintenance and upgrades to it. Will report back next week if not sooner.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Bought a shield from them years ago. It was good, just wasn't happy with the finish on the edges and the cut out but that was a while ago. Curious what they look like now.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Saluda View Post
    Bought a shield from them years ago. It was good, just wasn't happy with the finish on the edges and the cut out but that was a while ago. Curious what they look like now.
    It still is an unfinished rough cut.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I love my CalSci on my BMW R1200RT, however, be aware they are rather soft and do seem to scratch easily. I'm assuming it's the clear coat used that's soft.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KX5062 View Post
    I love my CalSci on my BMW R1200RT, however, be aware they are rather soft and do seem to scratch easily. I'm assuming it's the clear coat used that's soft.
    I think it's raw acrylic. https://motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/Fairing.html
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

That explains it.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6