Spyder Garage

Default Well that can't be right... panel fit around the panniers?!

Thought I'd throw this out there for those more skilled/experienced than I. Here's the scenario; Took the panels off my 2016 RTS to do some cleaning underneath like dust, oil residue, etc. Put the panels back on in proper sequence but find that the last, bottom screw/fastener doesn't hold. As pictured, the screw is tight in the fastener but it doesn't hold the tail of the panel snug. All other panels and fasteners are snug and in position.

Consequently, my saddle bag closes hard and opens even harder. What'd I miss? Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks!

LORD GRANT ME THE SENILITY TO FORGET THE PEOPLE I NEVER LIKED,
    THE GOOD FORTUNE TO RUN INTO THE ONES I DO LIKE,
    AND THE EYE SIGHT TO TELL THE DIFFERENCE.

2016 Spyder RTS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderider1 View Post
    Thought I'd throw this out there for those more skilled/experienced than I. Here's the scenario; Took the panels off my 2016 RTS to do some cleaning underneath like dust, oil residue, etc. Put the panels back on in proper sequence but find that the last, bottom screw/fastener doesn't hold. As pictured, the screw is tight in the fastener but it doesn't hold the tail of the panel snug. All other panels and fasteners are snug and in position.

Consequently, my saddle bag closes hard and opens even harder. What'd I miss? Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks!
    Something is installed wrong. No tupperware between the screw and the clip on nut. The bottom tab pictured needs to be out in front of the clip on nut and the screw going through it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

. It looks like you've got the 'tub' of the pannier behind the panel it's meant to bolt onto!

The lip of the tub that we can see behind the tab & screw in your pic should be in front of that tab & screw, as should all the others securing that tub & the panel, so that ONLY the screw heads are visible on the lip around the outside of the tub!

I'd post a pic of the pannier tub surrounds that'd help explain, except I'm sorta restricted in mobility atm & can't get near the Spyder - can anyone else take a pic & post it up??
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yep too. What they said. That plastic should be on the outside of that clip.

Spyder Garage

That's gotta be it, cart before the horse. Thanks for the input.

LORD GRANT ME THE SENILITY TO FORGET THE PEOPLE I NEVER LIKED,
    THE GOOD FORTUNE TO RUN INTO THE ONES I DO LIKE,
    AND THE EYE SIGHT TO TELL THE DIFFERENCE.

2016 Spyder RTS

Spyder Garage

Have found when having similar troubles take apart & starts @ problem first (get it out of the way) then finish assembly order like before. Works most times anyway

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

With my memory I take pics with my phone as I go.