Spyder Garage

Default Need to take off BRP comfort seat...

does anyone know how to do that? Having hell of a time figuring it out. Windhound

Spyder Garage

I believe Youtube has a how to do it video on that.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Plarimer View Post
    I believe Youtube has a how to do it video on that.
    If there is one, I cannot find it. Lots of install videos, but not a removal video for the comfort seat. Looks like you would somehow have to squeeze the plastic clips together from underneath, but does not look easy without breaking them.

Spyder Garage

Reach under the opening between the driver and passenger seat. You will feel the platic clamp that holds the seat down (it is the bottom of the seat button you push to install the seat). Pull the tab towards the front to release the button; it will pop up thru the top of the seat. Now just push the seat forward. This may take some bumping on the seat handles, but it will slide forward and you can just lift the seat off then.
    BS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ravensrest View Post
    Reach under the opening between the driver and passenger seat. You will feel the platic clamp that holds the seat down (it is the bottom of the seat button you push to install the seat). Pull the tab towards the front to release the button; it will pop up thru the top of the seat. Now just push the seat forward. This may take some bumping on the seat handles, but it will slide forward and you can just lift the seat off then.
    BS
    My understanding is the it is the driver's seat, not the passenger seat he is trying to remove. Maybe I was wrong....

Spyder Garage

Seems to me I saw a video where the guy just felt around under the seat for each clip, then put both hands in and lifted - popped right out. He was reinstalling the stock seat, and also did a neat trick with gorilla tape, using that to pinch the soft wings together while leaving a long enough tail on the tape to pull it off once each tab is in the slot.

Maybe time for a grassroots campaign to get CanAm to use a standard mechanical fastener instead (mutter mumble) ...
    Half a million miles, and I ain't dead yet.

See my album at https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...p?albumid=5190

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sKiZo View Post
    Seems to me I saw a video where the guy just felt around under the seat for each clip, then put both hands in and lifted - popped right out. He was reinstalling the stock seat, and also did a neat trick with gorilla tape, using that to pinch the soft wings together while leaving a long enough tail on the tape to pull it off once each tab is in the slot.

Maybe time for a grassroots campaign to get CanAm to use a standard mechanical fastener instead (mutter mumble) ...
    The comfort seat has hard plastic tabs where the soft wings are on the standard seat. It doesn't seem to be just a matter of lifting the seat because the tabs are much more likely to break. That is the issue, but I have not tried looking under the seat to see if you can pinch the plastic tabs together in order to get the seat off. There probably is a method, but I have not seen a need to remove my comfort seat yet so I'm not motivated to find the solution.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Boilermaker View Post
    The comfort seat has hard plastic tabs where the soft wings are on the standard seat. It doesn't seem to be just a matter of lifting the seat because the tabs are much more likely to break. That is the issue, but I have not tried looking under the seat to see if you can pinch the plastic tabs together in order to get the seat off. There probably is a method, but I have not seen a need to remove my comfort seat yet so I'm not motivated to find the solution.
    Did you ever figure out an easy way to remove the comfort seat?

Spyder Garage

Somehow I get the feeling you're going to have to lift the whole top of the bike up (clam shell) to get easy access to the underside of the seat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mktcr29nDZQ&t=628s
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I was hoping someone had discovered a trick by now to avoid lifting the clam shell.

Spyder Garage

I seem to remember where someone recommended pulling the hard tabs together with zip ties so it lifts right off. Leave them on while the seat is off and cut the ties when you're done.
    Half a million miles, and I ain't dead yet.

See my album at https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...p?albumid=5190

Spyder Garage

I just pulled my comfort seat off ( gently) before I sold it on CL . I remember one of the eight clips broke but the person buying it didn't care for 1/2 price and you just push it on.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

To swap my OEM seat with the comfort one I literally just grabbed the seat and pulled it out and pushed the new seat in. There's rubber clips that it uses to snap in so you don't need to take the whole bike apart.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lokiryker View Post
    To swap my OEM seat with the comfort one I literally just grabbed the seat and pulled it out and pushed the new seat in. There's rubber clips that it uses to snap in so you don't need to take the whole bike apart.
    We are talking about removing the comfort seat, not installing it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pantera View Post
    We are talking about removing the comfort seat, not installing it.
    Just gently pull it off the same way you pushed it on!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

The tabs on the Comfort seat are hard plastic tabs, compared to the foam tabs that bend easily on the OEM foam seats. Every one of the Comfort seats that I've seen for sale on the FB groups had one of the tabs broken off after removing it from their machines (I've seen 3 this way). I dont understand why they made them this way, probably to cut costs. Its just plain stupid and a cheap way to do it. I know if I ever remove mine, I'll be lubricating those tabs so there is less friction when trying to squeeze those tabs through the little slits.
    2020 Can Am Ryker Rally Sport Touring Edition