Very Active Member Martin Slovakia's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default RT with performance upgrade

Want to get more out from your Can Am Spyder RT, or any BRP Can Am Spyder with 1330 Rotax Engine or 998 Rotax? Want to have more fun? Want to accelerate faster? I think this PEDALBOX is one of the best performance upgrades with amazing Spend to "Worth" ratio!!!

More info can be found here:
    https://www.martinthevlogger.com/pos...-have-some-fun

Spyder Garage

You're absolutely right Martin!! He NEEDS those Magic Mirror Mounts!

It'd make installing a Pedal box a whooole lot easier!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

)))))
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    You're absolutely right Martin!! He NEEDS those Magic Mirror Mounts!

It'd make installing a Pedal box a whooole lot easier!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Martin, I have a suggestion for a RT 1330 Performance upgrade that I and several other have wanted...Get the 89 T rear sprocket to work in place of the stock 79 T rear sprocket...Jase from ???? has told me that he has this working but needed to look up in his notes as to how...The other tuner from Canada had tried and had it working but it developed a glitch and he couldn't get it fixed...

When BRP wanted to increase the performance of certain F3's that how they did it...Simply changed the final drive sprocket from 79 T to 89 T...There have been several attempts by F3 owners to change the final drive sprockets from 89 T to 79 T and from 79 T to 89 T, AND so far NO one has succeeded...

The RT machines are heavier than the F3's and many times ridden 2 up and pulling trailers...This gearing change would be a GREAT Performance increase if someone can get this task figured out...I'M SURE ITS ALL IN THE PROGRAMMING...When BRP builds a F3 there is nothing different between the 79 T and the 89 T machines but the rear sprocket and the belts...

So if your up for a challenge, and you have the right connections, HAVE AT IT...

I have the 89 T sprocket and belt waiting...

I'll be the first to purchase this fix...

THANK YOU, larryd

Spyder Garage

This is indeed very interesting.
    I have one guy down here who changes these on F3 to get better acceleration.
    However I need to settle a bit. I have ton of new things - for me new - coming to shop - like from good old Lamont, and I need to go thru them, and see what they are.
    Also i am wokring on new front fender and rear one. and also that bloody passanger luggage rack for F3 that you can remove at any time and use with BRP backrest.
    This is a great tip you have game me, i am writing it down for longer winter days, but for now I am sorry but I wont be able to help (((

Quote Originally Posted by larryd View Post
    Martin, I have a suggestion for a RT 1330 Performance upgrade that I and several other have wanted...Get the 89 T rear sprocket to work in place of the stock 79 T rear sprocket...Jase from ???? has told me that he has this working but needed to look up in his notes as to how...The other tuner from Canada had tried and had it working but it developed a glitch and he couldn't get it fixed...

When BRP wanted to increase the performance of certain F3's that how they did it...Simply changed the final drive sprocket from 79 T to 89 T...There have been several attempts by F3 owners to change the final drive sprockets from 89 T to 79 T and from 79 T to 89 T, AND so far NO one has succeeded...

The RT machines are heavier than the F3's and many times ridden 2 up and pulling trailers...This gearing change would be a GREAT Performance increase if someone can get this task figured out...I'M SURE ITS ALL IN THE PROGRAMMING...When BRP builds a F3 there is nothing different between the 79 T and the 89 T machines but the rear sprocket and the belts...

So if your up for a challenge, and you have the right connections, HAVE AT IT...

I have the 89 T sprocket and belt waiting...

I'll be the first to purchase this fix...

THANK YOU, larryd