Spyder Garage

Default Software Upgrade for 2020 & 2021 - Latest version details

BRP SW v710007221
    GSS SW v040.60 CSS SW v040.60
    HW Version G07 BL SW vS40.60

This should be the latest version

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

How do I find this info out for a 2018?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by acdcking12 View Post
    in your settings there is a "about" selection, this software version might not work on your model

cruzr joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

My question would be what is in the upgrade? Does the dealer charge for the upgrades?

Do we really need to upgrade the software if we don't seem to have any issues?

Just wondering.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

How is an upgrade to the software accomplished? Does it need to be done through BUDS?

Spyder Garage

BUDS II I believe.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by agrimm01 View Post
    How is an upgrade to the software accomplished? Does it need to be done through BUDS?
    yes it will have to go through some version of buds depending on your model year

Cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

While the 18-19 F3L has 20.8 update. The 20-21 F3L has 30.2 or something like that. They must have done something different to brp connect dash to have different software numbers.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I doubt this is limited to the Limited trim. I'm interested to know what the upgrade/update does. Quite a few dealers will charge to update if that's the only thing you're in the shop for. If you're there for any other service, they'll normally check for updates for free.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

All this is really making me glad that I got one with the old style dash and not so much tech stuff. They do check with the buds when ever I take my 2016 in for service, but I am doubting that anything has really changed for the older style trikes.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

I just had my 2018 F3L done yesterday. Here is the latest release. Not sure what all is in it, but I watched them do it and it updates all the major systems from guage cluster, TCM, VSS, etc. The one thing I dd see that changed (and one of the reasons I got the update, is displaying 'distance till empty'. I should take approximately 30 minutes for the update and they charged me for 1/2 hour labor, but I didn't have anything else done and am out of warranty

IMG_6508.jpg
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rjinaz86323 View Post
    I just had my 2018 F3L done yesterday. Here is the latest release. Not sure what all is in it, but I watched them do it and it updates all the major systems from guage cluster, TCM, VSS, etc. The one thing I dd see that changed (and one of the reasons I got the update, is displaying 'distance till empty'. I should take approximately 30 minutes for the update and they charged me for 1/2 hour labor, but I didn't have anything else done and am out of warranty

IMG_6508.jpg
    Can I get a pic of that distance till empty please?

Spyder Garage

That 20.80 was released 2 years ago. It's what mine got 2 months after a bought my 18 F3L. If you didn't have distance to empty before you had 13.2 which pretty much sucked.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Can I get a pic of that distance till empty please?
    IMG_6509.jpg
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    All this is really making me glad that I got one with the old style dash and not so much tech stuff. They do check with the buds when ever I take my 2016 in for service, but I am doubting that anything has really changed for the older style trikes.
    I had the older style dash and now have the newer style. The newer style is far superior despite a few issues.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

I doubt there will be anymore updates for the 2018 or 19 dash. Version 20.8 is the latest. But anything is possible. As Joe says the update is for 20 and 21 models.

BUDS2 is required to update. Since 2017 and later models require BUDS2. The new dash started on 2018 models.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    BRP SW v710007221
    GSS SW v040.60 CSS SW v040.60
    HW Version G07 BL SW vS40.60

This should be the latest version

Cruzr Joe
    My 2021 RTL has the same update.
    2021 RTL Marsala Dark Edition 4.13.2021
    Lamonster Riser
    Spyder Extras Docking station
    Zumo XT (my own Plug & Play cable)
    WrapMySpyder Carbon fiber partial kit.
    Baja Ron ultra performance sway bar and end links

2015 RTS SM6 Intense Red
    born on date 3/2015 (mine on 9/12/15)
    Sold on 4.13.2021 33k of fun.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    I had the older style dash and now have the newer style. The newer style is far superior despite a few issues.
    How is it superior? I guess I am a simple guy. If I can get the speed, rpm's, gas, then I am good. What items do it have that would make it be considered superior? I am not being smart, but would really like to know.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    How is it superior? I guess I am a simple guy. If I can get the speed, rpm's, gas, then I am good. What items do it have that would make it be considered superior? I am not being smart, but would really like to know.
    The newer style dash will give you speed, rpm's and fuel level. No different then the older dash. So being glad you have the older dash really does not make sense since those basic functions are the same. The newer dash gives you mile to empty. That is far better then just fuel gage on the old dash. Really when looking at the fuel gage. Most of the time. You are really just trying to figure how much farther you can go. A lot easier being given a number, at a glance, then trying to estimate in your head. As for speedometer. Switching from km/hr to m/hr when crossing the border is much easier because of the easier to navigate menu system. The old dash was not hard to change. Just could not remember how to do it every time. Then for those folks like me that want all the extra features and use them. I would rather have them built in then buying accessories to try and get it to do the same thing. That may or may not work well.

2018 F3 LIMITED