Spyder Garage

Default BRP Connect, Sena 50R, and Bluetooth Issues

I'm having issues with my BRP Connect and the Sena 50R. The Sena 50R is connected to my Samsung S20 via Bluetooth. My Samsung S20 is connected to my BRP Connect via Bluetooth and my BRP Connect is connected to my Sena 50R. When I turn on the Sena 50R and start listening to music from my Samsung S20, it plays just fine, but as soon as my F3 starts running, I loose my music playing. If I play music from BRP Connect to my helmet, it plays fine but as soon as I get a notification from my phone to the Sena, then I loose the music from BRP Connect to my Sena. I'm guessing I either have to choose between BRP Connect being connected to my phone and Sena, but loose the connection from my Sena to my phone?
    2020 F3 Limited , Black

Spyder Garage

I have the F3 as well and love it...I use the Sena 10c Evo and Bluetooth that to my helmet...I have never used brp and really haven't heard what it will be useful for, at least with the F3 models...I am perfectly fine with just my sena to the headset and call it a day...music and phone and everything else I need with no interuptions...sorry i could be of more help..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kennygee View Post
    I have the F3 as well and love it...I use the Sena 10c Evo and Bluetooth that to my helmet...I have never used brp and really haven't heard what it will be useful for, at least with the F3 models...I am perfectly fine with just my sena to the headset and call it a day...music and phone and everything else I need with no interuptions...sorry i could be of more help..
    I think my problem is BRP and Samsung are fighting a Bluetooth War over who is going to send my Sena music through the helmet. I might have to either use BRP exclusively or Sena instead of trying to do both.
    2020 F3 Limited , Black

Spyder Garage

I agree...no need to fight...lol either way you still get your music and everything to your headset and you can ride and enjoy the road without worrying about that..

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's why I gave up on BRP-C: it needs exclusive connection to your phone and headset, and no pairing between the phone and the headset. I use a Sena 30K: the phone app is needed to set the 30K and facilitate the BT or mesh communication pairing. I just pair my phone and Garmin 660 to the 30K. I know a few that claim BRP-C to be stable but I choose to not be bound by its very narrow, and idiosyncratic, constraints.
    pauly1 - SpyderDeb's 'wrench'
    2018 F3-T & 2015 F3-S Road Warrior Foundation Tribute customs
    IBA #48220 SS1000 BB1500
    2015 F3-S , OEM na Basic Black with Custom Wrap

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pauly1 View Post
    That's why I gave up on BRP-C: it needs exclusive connection to your phone and headset, and no pairing between the phone and the headset. I use a Sena 30K: the phone app is needed to set the 30K and facilitate the BT or mesh communication pairing. I just pair my phone and Garmin 660 to the 30K. I know a few that claim BRP-C to be stable but I choose to not be bound by its very narrow, and idiosyncratic, constraints.
    Yes what Pauly1 Just said...hahahaha

Spyder Garage

BRP is overly difficult and confusing! I gave up on it! I just link the helmets and phone via bluetooth. Android auto is free. No need to buy maps. I can even listen to Sirius radio if I want to. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yes, the headset should only be paired to the bike as well as the phone to the bike. If the Garmin is hooked up with the factory harness then the directions should pipe thru the bike and so whatever sounds the bike makes from the various sources will be heard in either the speakers or headset. Not having the BRP C app on the phone should make it so all you'll get is music from the phone. Either that or use a data blocker in the phone cable.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red