Thread: Spyder sales

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder sales

I took my Spyder for its yearly oil change and checkup. Dealership said CanAM's are hot and really selling. I was surprised at how many they had in stock.

On a separate note - I need to learn how to change oil in my ride.
    Jim

Spyder Garage

How much did they charge you?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JimH View Post
    I took my Spyder for its yearly oil change and checkup. Dealership said CanAM's are hot and really selling. I was surprised at how many they had in stock.

On a separate note - I need to learn how to change oil in my ride.
    Jim
    You Tube is your friend. There are several you can watch. I would look at all if them and then decide how you want to do it. There may be a trick in one video they missed in another.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

I do my own maintenance on my bikes and the Spyder oil change isn't bad. My first time took me over an hour, but I have since pared that time down a bit. Watch the videos and ask questions here and go for it. As far as Spyders selling well, everything around here that has to do with outdoor recreation is selling well. Used bikes are bringing premium prices. I sold two of my bikes for about 20% more than I could have got two years ago.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Were they a multi-line dealer? Most Japanese dealerships are having an aweful time getting stock to sell. HD actually putting used bikes on the HD showroom floor.
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

Based on all the S2S models being sold (top line, most expensive) etc., It does indeed sound like Spyder sales are once again taking off. That makes it a "sellers" market and the "deals" that were available not to long past, are getting more difficult to find. Glad we bought ours when we did. Even our dealer has had some complaints concerning "deals" recently.

My only words of advice, free of course, and no guarantees...Be careful if you become too mercenary, customers have long memories.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 04-20-2021 at 06:29 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I can't speak for outside my area (Central Maine) but motorcycles (including BRP) ATV and SXS are are selling at an unbelievable rate. The exceptions are the very large motorcycles which aren't moving at all. Of the four powersports dealers I know around here, they have sold 100% of their stock and have deposits on almost all of their incoming stock. For the most part they don't order big bikes at all and deal exclusively with off road. The two Spyder dealers around here are selling them steadily but have not gone back to the factory for "emergency" orders like they have with the off road stuff.

Used off road is the same. I sold my SXS recently for much more than I thought I would get. Don't know how used motorcycles are selling.
    2021 Can Am Spyder Sea-to-Sky

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nmjayhawk View Post
    How much did they charge you?
    $200 for the job... $$$$$

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by crossbowme View Post
    I can't speak for outside my area (Central Maine) but motorcycles (including BRP) ATV and SXS are are selling at an unbelievable rate. The exceptions are the very large motorcycles which aren't moving at all. Of the four powersports dealers I know around here, they have sold 100% of their stock and have deposits on almost all of their incoming stock. For the most part they don't order big bikes at all and deal exclusively with off road. The two Spyder dealers around here are selling them steadily but have not gone back to the factory for "emergency" orders like they have with the off road stuff.

Used off road is the same. I sold my SXS recently for much more than I thought I would get. Don't know how used motorcycles are selling.
    i sold my 2007 1500 vulcan classic, 10,000 miles for 4 grand last month, it was in perfect shape, garage kept,, my spyder got delivered, and 2 hrs later i said goodbye to my vulcan, spyder came in and the vulcan left,, perfect, and i dont miss it, it gave me a back pain, a day or so after i rode it,, the limited spyder is like riding on air,, glad i bought the limited,, gonna be in the 70ties next week after getting 3 inches of snow 2 days ago.. cant wait to get her out again.

there are no limited around this areas, mostly ryker's, and rt's
    2020 F3 limited, liquid titanium
    grip puppies
    Bajaron sway bar
    lamonster belt dampener
    battery tender
    19 in freedom tinted windshield
    matte black daytona frunk wrap
    Quadtrac 165/60's

Spyder Garage

BAJARON A Sponsor here has all the oil filters and o-ring kits you will ever need.

T.P.

Spyder Garage

Lamonster also sells kits, I’ve used it, shifts and performs well compared to stock.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by T.P. View Post
    BAJARON A Sponsor here has all the oil filters and o-ring kits you will ever need.

T.P.
    Is this related in some way to the original topic? I'm baffled.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by T.P. View Post

T.P.
    Huh? I agree, but what's that got to do with Spyder sales? I don't get it.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JimH View Post
    $200 for the job... $$$$$
    That's not a bad price at all. Its normally $100 for the kit alone. $100 for one hr labor is about the going rate.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Huh? I agree, but what's that got to do with Spyder sales? I don't get it.
    Second line of post #1 Pete. BTW good to see you posting again. Welcome back,are you back in Utah yet? (no this part has nothing to do with the OP)

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    Second line of post #1 Pete. BTW good to see you posting again. Welcome back,are you back in Utah yet? (no this part has nothing to do with the OP)
    I see it now Paul. Thanks. We got back a week ago and looking forward to some great touring trips on the Spyders.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

If you look at cycle trader it looks like there's plenty, but if you go to that dealership they only have a few.

When I was looking the Marsala Dark was a fast seller, but I've got one now.
    2021 RTL Marsala Dark Edition 4.13.2021
    Lamonster Riser
    Spyder Extras Docking station
    Zumo XT (my own Plug & Play cable)
    WrapMySpyder Carbon fiber partial kit.
    Baja Ron ultra performance sway bar and end links

2015 RTS SM6 Intense Red
    born on date 3/2015 (mine on 9/12/15)
    Sold on 4.13.2021 33k of fun.

Spyder Garage

You are correct in the fact there are no "deals" being offered by anyone.. (including any BRP incentives)
    I tried to trade my 2018 RTL for a 2021 at my regular dealer and we negotiated down a bit to a price that was in my "budget ball park" but he would not budge.. then went to IMotorsports I hear so much about and they were asking $2,000 more on the net difference!!!
    as my 2018 is in great condition and I did not have to trade I decided to buy an extended BEST warranty and move on down the road..
    BIG F

Spyder Garage

You are right that outdoor sports things are selling well. I have a buddy that is an engineer for Indian and all across Polaris' line things are selling faster than they can produce them, especially utv's. I think it is pent up demand to break out of the house, cash from cancelled vacations and etertainment, and stimulus found money in many households, that is helping to fuel buyers in the showrooms and want ads.