Spyder Garage

Default Any idea where this goes??

This was under the 2021 RTL after moving. Looks like a rubber bumper of some kind but I can't see where it came from. I've looked on the BRP parts site but cannot find it. Any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Life is sometimes unbelievable ..... I recently found the Exact same thing ...... hope you / we find out what it's to .... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

When those are installed correctly they rarely if ever come out. Guessing it was just an extra one rolling around somewhere during the assembly process and it finally shook out.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    When those are installed correctly they rarely if ever come out. Guessing it was just an extra one rolling around somewhere during the assembly process and it finally shook out.
    Do you know where they go? If I find that out I will look on the parts list to get the part # and maybe I can find out whether it is just extra or there is someplace that doesn't have one.
    Thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Life is sometimes unbelievable ..... I recently found the Exact same thing ...... hope you / we find out what it's to .... Mike
    Yes, hate to have a bunch of extra parts!!! haha

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Found it on the BRP Parts site. Under the passenger foot peg. I think when lifting the passenger foot peg there is enough suction pressure from the foot peg that it pulls the rubber foot right out of it's hole.

Spyder Garage

It's the neutron drain plug for the Flux Capacitor. Sorry, someone had to go there.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

When the passenger footrest is lowered, the stops circled in red contact the rubber stoppers to prevent metal to metal contact that would eventually wear off the finish of the footrest stops.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

No it’s a cap for the blinker fluid. I’m going to be sent to my bedroom.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

kick stand bumper

Spyder Garage

It plugs the oil hole on the muffler bearing

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by agrimm01 View Post
    Found it on the BRP Parts site. Under the passenger foot peg. I think when lifting the passenger foot peg there is enough suction pressure from the foot peg that it pulls the rubber foot right out of it's hole.
    Wow, how did you even find that and tell from that pic that that is what it was? Lol

I have an ST and see things like this behind where corners of the panels are or meet to keep them tight.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    Wow, how did you even find that and tell from that pic that that is what it was? Lol

I have an ST and see things like this behind where corners of the panels are or meet to keep them tight.

Just looking at the drawings and zoomed in and it popped right out. The old blind squirrel story I guess. lol

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Do you know where they go? If I find that out I will look on the parts list to get the part # and maybe I can find out whether it is just extra or there is someplace that doesn't have one.
    Thanks
    Yep. they are generally used to take up space between parts that don't fit tight or need a slight cushion. Trunk lids, body panels, and footrests.

Spyder Garage

Thank you for posting this agrimm. You just saved me a whole bunch of time & aggravation trying to figure out what that piece is when I find it on my garage floor. And I know it will probably happen eventually.
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I was tupperwared down to the front pulley and had a push pin left over when it was back together. When I am bored sometime in the next couple weeks I will remove panels until I find an empty hole to install it in. Might look at the parts diagram to see if I can figure it out.
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snoking1127 View Post
    I was tupperwared down to the front pulley and had a push pin left over when it was back together. When I am bored sometime in the next couple weeks I will remove panels until I find an empty hole to install it in. Might look at the parts diagram to see if I can figure it out.
    Hey Snoking1127, that pushpin must be mine. I came up short one just the other day when iI was working on my spyder. How does that happen?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snoking1127 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    Hey Snoking1127, that pushpin must be mine. I came up short one just the other day when iI was working on my spyder. How does that happen?
    I'm sure it's those 'black holes' that things fall into, never to be seen again!!

I reckon they are actually BRP's early attempts at developing/using 'worm holes' for interstellar travel, and once again, we, the unsuspecting owners, are the 'un-documented Beta testers' of this burgeoning technology!!

Let's just look at the evidence for this - anything that falls into these 'black holes' disappears doesn't it? Never to be seen again - at least not by you! That's cos it's instantly translated across the space/time continum into someone else's Spyder/Ryker, only at this stage of the technology's development, the destination targetting is done randomly - it could be sent any-where, or any-when.... it just hasta be another Spyder/Ryker with a 'black hole' to receive the translated gear into. So when it's least expected, these translated items will simply appear at the destination end - probably in the form of an extra nut/bolt/push pin on the floor after you've put your machine back together again; or if the 'translation' didn't work quite so well as it should, then it might end up as a drip or 6 of a mysterious 'oil like substance' found in a puddle in one of the underbody trays, or as an inexplicable drip/drips on the floor under your Spyder/Ryker!! Both of these mysterious events do happen, don't they!?! You and I both know it, so there you are! It's real!!

Go on, tell me you've never lost something that's fallen into one of those 'black holes'!! Or if your Spyder/Ryker is a 'receiver', are you sure that you've never found any mysterious 'oil like substances' either caught in one of those underbody trays or found as drips on the garage floor under your machine! Heck, if you were lucky enough to score a Spyder/Ryker that's been equipped with both 'sending' black holes and 'receiving' black holes, you might even have experienced BOTH of those!! Have you?!? What more do you want? An admission from BRP? Not gonna happen - look'it the Kenda tires thing.... it's more'n ten years down track now, and they STILL won't admit they were suckered into that particular deal!

Sorry, but I saw those other posts, and I just hadta!! Besides, she made me do it!!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I would be willing to wager that at least some of those "black holes" that Peter mentioned actually dump out "down under" and he has a PILE of those items sitting in a corner of his shed.

HER ride:
    2017 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G