Thread: Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Default Laser Alignment

Hey all , I have a 2009 GS SE5 with 15000 klm's on it . The front tires are wearing on the insides . Right side more than the left side ( by quite a bit ) . Can someone tell me if a Laser Alignment will correct this . Thank you .... Gilly
    2009 Roadster SM5 , Silver and Black

Spyder Garage

A laser alignment will keep it from happening to your next set of tires but those are done.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Ok ... Thanks jcthorne , bike steers and tracks fine . Just wanted to know if the alignment would stop this for sure .

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    A laser alignment will keep it from happening to your next set of tires but those are done.
    Agreed. By the time you notice a problem, it is usually too late for the tires already installed. Get new tires and a Laser Alignment at the same time and you will probably be quite impressed with how bad it was before.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Laser alignment and proper tire pressure will eliminate your tires cupping or poor wear

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Thanks for confirming that guys. And tire pressure is something I watch very close . And you right Ron , this is my second season on my Spyder and probably will see a big difference .

Spyder Garage

Your right guys... three new tires and an alignment ... WOW ... what a difference . After an hours drive home , i looked at the front tires on the highway and they were even across the tread pattern . A good dark strip in the center of the tire . Just had to make a small adjustment on the belt and is good to go . Thanks guys

Spyder Garage

Hello Gilly!! I just bought a 2008 SM5 with 26,000 kms on it. Never owned or drove a Spyder before but have been riding for 40 years. It passed the safety no troubles. I took my first longer ride the other day and I'm hearing a droning type noise from the front end. If it was a car I'd think wheel bearings but it might be tires/alignment. Don't think mechanics check alignment on a safety. Did you hear that type of noise on yours before tires/alignment? Or is it just normal noise for a Spyder? Nature of the beast type noise. Steers and tracks fine.

Spyder Garage

what is typical cost for a user alignment?

Thx
    Rick
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .