Spyder Garage

Default LS2 Valiant II helmet info ..

Hey all,
    I see helmet threads on here time/time, and just thought I'd share some info on my latest helmet purchase. It is a 2021 LS2 Valiant II modular/convertible helmet. It joins my "current" stable of Scorpion Covert and AT-950, HJC IS-33II and IS-17, AFX FX-72 and Z1R Jimmy. This new helmet will be my go to traveling helmet. As you can see, it goes from full face style to 3/4 style in seconds. The chin bar rotates back 180*, and the front shield rotates up to match the curvature of the helmet. The internal drop down visor also drops down darn near low enough to be a secondary face shield. I replaced the stock dark visor to amber for both daytime, rain and night time use. It has speaker pockets built in and has exterior room for either my Sena 5S or 10C Evo. It is eye glass and sunglass friendly. Has multiple vents for warmer weather days. Being a modular, it is a touch louder than a dedicated full face, but I wouldn't consider it a loud helmet. Also DOT compliant. It comes shipped inside a nice helmet bag that is inside of a padded back pack. A pinlock shield is also included. As you can see, instead of using a boom mic, I elect to use a wired mic placed at mouth level in between the cheek pad/liner. Works great there. Just kind of a PSA for some helmet info
    Attached Images Attached Images

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

And second set of photos.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

I bought this same helmet just about a month ago. Love the functionality. Haven't attempted to mount my comm system yet so kinda anxious to see how it fits behind the sun visor lever.

Spyder Garage

I have the LS2 Valiant II also. I love it. The Sena 50S was very easy to install. Mine is the Blackout version.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I WAS going to buy this but Revzilla said it was a bit rounder than some others (like my Shoei). My HJC RPHA 90 is too round for me so I didn't think this would work. Great design idea being able to go from modular to 3/4.

Spyder Garage

Love it, Troop.....thanks..... and that is what I have taken to doing with my mikes, too. It really gets them out of the way, but they still function well

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by K80Shooter View Post
    I have the LS2 Valiant II also. I love it. The Sena 50S was very easy to install. Mine is the Blackout version.
    I just installed my Sena 50S on my Shark modular. Love this concept. Works great for warm or cold weather.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

The wife and me went with the LS2 Verso helmet. It also has the removable chin bar which is the way I most will wear the helmet as a 3/4 style. Mounting of Sena was pretty easy also as the hard foam has a cut out for the speakers. A very well constructed helmet and DOT approved.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Looks like a great helmet at a good price. Unfortunately, like with so many other things today, it looks like supplies are really tight. You may have to hunt hard to find the one you want.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

good choice this helmet, not only functional, still quiet by german top-speed-riding and it fits in the frunk of my F3-S
    20200806_144333.jpg
    20201022_140616.jpg
    2020 F3-S , pedalbox black