Spyder Garage

Default LED Auxiliary Lights

Well it seems that the Rykers suffer as much as bike riders do with not being seen coming down the road by other drivers. I've had several instances lately (especially city driving) with people pulling out in front of me. So I resorted to adding additional auxiliary lights to the front, much the same as I have with my bikes over the years. Yesterday I added these aftermarket combination spot/flood 3600 lumen auxiliary light pods to the Ryker.

I purchased them primarily for helping me being seen during the daytime as daytime running lamps. They really light up the road at night though, I think too much actually. I dont really ride at night, so its a non issue for me. If I do, I can always switch them off. I have the LED headlight bulbs on order and they should arrive within the next couple of days. Hopefully it will help me with being more visible.

2020 Can Am Ryker Rally Sport Touring Edition

Spyder Garage

Well done and necessary!
    Every ride I've had needed DRLs to be more visible to on-coming traffic.
    I'm not paranoid but I know they're out to get me!
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Very nice.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RykerRick View Post
    ...(especially city driving) with people pulling out in front of me.
    Nice compare pics. OhYeeeah. this looks good RykerRick. I like those.
    I been looking for something around this same size/mountpoint/lumens, just was concerned with getting the angling right so i didn’t
    blind the guy driving in front of me.

Quote Originally Posted by RayBJ View Post
    I'm not paranoid but I know they're out to get me!
    They ARE out to get us!!
    2019 SpYder F3-T
    +Lamonster Mirror Locks AMEN! | +Lamonster FogLights | +MadStad Windsheild | +Dual A-Arm Running Lights
    +Spyclops LED Light | +SpyderExtras Grille | +TricLED Wide-VU Mirrors
    ...and what dreams may come

Spyder Garage

Where did you purchase them? I have been looking for something that lights up my winding country roads at night. Windhound

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Windhound View Post
    Where did you purchase them? I have been looking for something that lights up my winding country roads at night. Windhound
    ... what brand etc. .... they look like " Denali 's " ..... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

I got them on Amazon, they had a lot of great reviews from previous purchasers. They came with both mounting brackets, plug in wiring harness with fuse and relay switch, and lighted on/off switch. You will need to supply zip ties to secure the wiring harness in place.
    LINK: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I got them on Amazon, they had a lot of great reviews from previous purchasers. They came with both mounting brackets, plug in wiring harness with fuse and relay switch, and lighted on/off switch. You will need to supply zip ties to secure the wiring harness in place.
    LINK: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Thanks, " Denali " sells something that looks like that, and I have seen some video's that were impressive. ... But the " D's " atr 6 X's as expensive ...... I wonder what " PMK " thinks about yours, I think He has Denali's...... Mike ..

Spyder Garage

I had round Denali's on my 2014 Triumph Trophy, they are quality long lasting LED's.

Spyder Garage

Ever consider adding a headlight modulator? Simple plug and play on most bikes. Just make sure you get one for dual LED headlights. Also a fan of the "backoff" brake light flashers.

** Legal in all 50 states and Canada.
    Half a million miles, and I ain't dead yet.

See my album at https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...p?albumid=5190

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sKiZo View Post
    Ever consider adding a headlight modulator? Simple plug and play on most bikes. Just make sure you get one for dual LED headlights. Also a fan of the "backoff" brake light flashers.

** Legal in all 50 states and Canada.
    Never been a big fan of modulating headlights, even though they definitely work. I find them annoying, so I figure others do too. I did install a LED brake light strobe. The brake lights are so low to the ground on the Rykers so I added the strobe higher up at the back of the Max mount for better visibility.

Spyder Garage

Well it seems that the Rykers suffer as much as bike riders do with not being seen coming down the road by other drivers. I've had several instances lately (especially city driving) with people pulling out in front of me. So I resorted to adding additional auxiliary lights to the front, much the same as I have with my bikes over the years. Yesterday I added these aftermarket combination spot/flood 3600 lumen auxiliary light pods to the Ryker.

I purchased them primarily for helping me being seen during the daytime as daytime running lamps. They really light up the road at night though, I think too much actually. I dont really ride at night, so its a non issue for me. If I do, I can always switch them off. I have the LED headlight bulbs on order and they should arrive within the next couple of days. Hopefully it will help me with being more visible.

Hubby would like to know where you put the switch. He is thinking of putting the switch on the back rider side of the air cleaner housing. Windhound

Spyder Garage

RyderRick:
    How was the installation process? They definitely look really bright.
    Jim

Spyder Garage

Hubby would like to know where you put the switch. He is thinking of putting the switch on the back rider side of the air cleaner housing. Windhound
    I just made a little metal bracket (home Depot small L bracket) and I drilled a 3/4" hole for the switch, and a 1/4" hole in the other end of the bracket, painted it black and bolted it to the ram mount bracket thats on the handlebar. That bright red light in the bottom photo at the base of the Ram mount (lower right side of gauge cluster) is the switch, its lit red when its on. Also, if he cuts a little notch in the 3/4 hole, the switch will lock into that notch and wont spin around.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JimH View Post
    RyderRick:
    How was the installation process? They definitely look really bright.
    Jim
    It really wasnt difficult. The light fixture clamps come with several different thicknesses of rubber inserts for different sizes of tubing mounts for the clamps. Since our A-arms are not round (more oval shaped) I just used two different sizes of rubber inserts for the fit around the A-arm tubing. Then ran the wiring along the A-arm and under the hood, then zip tied out of the way. The light harness is pre wired and its just plug & play. I was originally wanting to power it from the spare accessory power wire thats underneath the right headlight panel, but the amps were not high enough, or the wire gauge of that accessory plug heavy enough for a 60 watt lights draw.

I'm also already using that accessory connection to power a dual UBS accessory plug that I have mounted on the right side of the handlebar. Since the wiring harness already came with an inline fuse, and a prewired relay, I just ran it directly to the battery, it has battery terminal connections already installed on the power wires of the harness. I ran the prewired on/off switch underneath the frunk and up through where the neck of the handlebar comes up in front of the gas sliding door panel and mounted it to the Ram mount mounting bolt thats right there. Then went back and finished zip tying the harness securely.

Spyder Garage

Did you have to add any extra wiring that came with the light kit for your install? I really like the look and night time output of these lights.

Thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mmccall View Post
    Did you have to add any extra wiring that came with the light kit for your install? I really like the look and night time output of these lights.

Thanks
    No additional wiring was required, the harness provided was large enough for the installation, plus some, even the on/off switch. Also, they plug together with their own male/female connections (plugs), so I would have hated it if I had to splice in for any additional length.

Spyder Garage

Awesome thanks for the info. Just ordered one to see how we like it. Do you have pictures of the on/off toggle installed? Thanks

Spyder Garage

Here is a link for a switch that will attach to the handlebars that works with this light kit. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1