Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

I'll add my experience to this conversation. Last year I purchased an aluminum trailer, same one as at Tractor Supply. It's has a 10 foot X 65 inch bed with a ramp on the back which can't be used because it's angle is too steep. I used the clamping package as noted from Walmart, but, found out that you don't need (can't use) the back chucks because once you drive forward on them, you'll be hard pressed to get the wheels to back out of them. Skid marks on my trailer attest to that. Anyway, I took the aft chucks off and just used a short e-track plate instead. It's just as solid. For the rear tie down, I place a strap around the rear peg going down to a ring and back to a tie down point. Took a 2K mile trip this way and nothing moved or slackened up even over some rough roads. I ended up using three bike ramps to load the bike. I shorted the center one by 12 inches so that the nose doesn't contact first before the wheels start onto the ramps. I have several pictures of my setup and will try to attach them. The pins on the ramps fit over the rear frame into holes in the wood floor to prevent them from moving. I have since removed the trailer ramp (useless) and increased my gas mileage by 4 MPG. trailer-1.jpgtrailer-17.jpgtrailer-3.jpgtrailer-4.jpgtrailer-6.jpgtrailer-7.jpgtrailer-8.jpgtrailer-10.jpgtrailer-13.jpg
    trailer-14.jpg
    All the dang pictures are upside down.
    Life is attitude, be positive!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by always young View Post
    I'll add my experience to this conversation. Last year I purchased an aluminum trailer, same one as at Tractor Supply. It's has a 10 foot X 65 inch bed with a ramp on the back which can't be used because it's angle is too steep. I used the clamping package as noted from Walmart, but, found out that you don't need (can't use) the back chucks because once you drive forward on them, you'll be hard pressed to get the wheels to back out of them. Skid marks on my trailer attest to that. Anyway, I took the aft chucks off and just used a short e-track plate instead. It's just as solid. For the rear tie down, I place a strap around the rear peg going down to a ring and back to a tie down point. Took a 2K mile trip this way and nothing moved or slackened up even over some rough roads. I ended up using three bike ramps to load the bike. I shorted the center one by 12 inches so that the nose doesn't contact first before the wheels start onto the ramps. I have several pictures of my setup and will try to attach them. The pins on the ramps fit over the rear frame into holes in the wood floor to prevent them from moving. I have since removed the trailer ramp (useless) and increased my gas mileage by 4 MPG. trailer-1.jpgtrailer-17.jpgtrailer-3.jpgtrailer-4.jpgtrailer-6.jpgtrailer-7.jpgtrailer-8.jpgtrailer-10.jpgtrailer-13.jpg
    trailer-14.jpg
    All the dang pictures are upside down.
    Where do you get those type of straps and the rails they click into? As seen in upside down pic #2

Edit. And then I looked at amazon.