Spyder Garage

Default 2016 RTL changing out headlights to LED

I have had 2 regular OEM headlights go out and am wanting to change to LED headlights. My question is, do I just need the LED bulbs or do I need a kit?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-16-2021 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Fixed color display
    2016 RTL , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage
    2019 Phoenix Orange RTL
    LED head lights, LED fog lights, Lidlocks, Brake light kit, Sway Bar, J&S Jack, Cat Delete, Akrapovic silencer, Idler pulley Kit, Gold Drain Plugs, Magic Mirrors, Bumpskid, Tires, Centermatic balancers, Wick-it Stage 1 tune, Convex mirrors, EBC Brake Pads, EBC brake Rotors, Speed Bleeders, M-2 Custom Shocks, Odyssey Battery, Tinted Windshield, Windshield Arm, Gps Ultimate Seat, Dual air Horns, Modesta BC05 Ceramic Coating, Redline 10w40 motorcycle oil, BRP Passenger arm rest, BRP hitch, Syderpop rock guard 2015 Freedom Trailer

Spyder Garage

Thanks P.W., if I was going to add foglights that is the kit I would get. But I don't want the fog lights, just the LED headlights. My question is, do I need a kit to change out the OEM headlights to LED headlights?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-16-2021 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Fixed color display
    2016 RTL , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Here's another option for just the head lights....scroll down there a vid of the install that might help answer your questions....I'm trying to help.

https://store.valueaccessories.net/L...mSpyderRT.aspx
    2019 Phoenix Orange RTL
    LED head lights, LED fog lights, Lidlocks, Brake light kit, Sway Bar, J&S Jack, Cat Delete, Akrapovic silencer, Idler pulley Kit, Gold Drain Plugs, Magic Mirrors, Bumpskid, Tires, Centermatic balancers, Wick-it Stage 1 tune, Convex mirrors, EBC Brake Pads, EBC brake Rotors, Speed Bleeders, M-2 Custom Shocks, Odyssey Battery, Tinted Windshield, Windshield Arm, Gps Ultimate Seat, Dual air Horns, Modesta BC05 Ceramic Coating, Redline 10w40 motorcycle oil, BRP Passenger arm rest, BRP hitch, Syderpop rock guard 2015 Freedom Trailer

Spyder Garage

Apparently this forum is not the usual helpful place it used to be. First I asked if there was a kit needed to change from OEM headlights to LED headlights and I get a link to headlights and fog lights. Then the mod (temp maybe??) changes my post blue text to black without my knowledge with a stupid reason of color blindness. Then another post to a link of accessories I can buy. Is there NO ONE in this forum with helpful information anymore and that can read a simple request??

I am a moderator on a Goldwing message board and have been for 11 years. In 11 years I have never had anyone complain about me using blue text and I certainly would NOT change anyone's posted text without their knowledge. I did NOTHING wrong in my post and I certainly do not appreciate my post being altered by your mod.

I'll find my information from a better source. Lamonster's board sure has gone down hill in the last couple of years, which is sad because that reflects on him.
    2016 RTL , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chiisai View Post
    Apparently this forum is not the usual helpful place it used to be. First I asked if there was a kit needed to change from OEM headlights to LED headlights and I get a link to headlights and fog lights. Then the mod (temp maybe??) changes my post blue text to black without my knowledge with a stupid reason of color blindness. Then another post to a link of accessories I can buy. Is there NO ONE in this forum with helpful information anymore and that can read a simple request??

I am a moderator on a Goldwing message board and have been for 11 years. In 11 years I have never had anyone complain about me using blue text and I certainly would NOT change anyone's posted text without their knowledge. I did NOTHING wrong in my post and I certainly do not appreciate my post being altered by your mod.

I'll find my information from a better source. Lamonster's board sure has gone down hill in the last couple of years, which is sad because that reflects on him.
    Does somebody need a Snickers?

Spyder Garage

This is only a suggestion: go wherever you choose on the internet and and search for LED headlights for the year and model of your Spyder. You will probably get a plethora of LED lights alone as well as kits. If you order LED lights alone and subsequently find that they do not work then you will know that your should have ordered kits. Equally important, if you find a vender that sends everything you need, be certain when you stuff all the equipment into the light receptacles and replace the covers that you do not interfere with the high/low beam shutters or you will have only one beam.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Wow how rude..I was just trying to help out.....good luck!!!!
    2019 Phoenix Orange RTL

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

OK, I'll bite. When you say kit are you referring to the LED bulbs plus power adapter, or matched pair of bulbs? All LED headlight bulbs require and come with power adapters so when you say LED headlight bulb that automatically includes the power adapters. So I would say we don't think of bulb plus adapter as a 'kit'. If that's the question you're asking, then that's why you didn't the answer you expected.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

This is the best source for information..... I used to be thin skinned in the past--- but I've moved on. Also things have changed here in the past few years ( some would say for the better ) The Kawasaki forum I used to be on was closed as it was just too rude and even threatening. ( www.bigbikeworld.com) Not going to happen here!!!!

All you need are the headlight LEDs

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Lamonster Garage sells LED headlight "kits" as does canamspyderaccessories.com. I can attest that all the components of the lights sold by canamspyderaccessories.com fit inside the OEM weatherproof cap at the rear of the headlight housing. I believe the ones Lamonster now sells do as well. Try either or both of these sources.

And by the way, I checked the Lamonster page one of our members suggested, and if you had scrolled down on Lamonster's headlight and fog light page you would have found, on the right side of your screen, his LED headlights for Spyder RTs "kit."
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

WOW, you just made it onto my " IGNORE list

Spyder Garage

2012 RTL , Pearl