Spyder Garage

Default Clutch Lever Adjust

My clutch lever/cable? is loose ... when I put in lowest detent, it doesn't engage the clutch at all. It only works when it is floating on the highest point on the wheel. The adjusting wheel only spins to the different settings... turning repeatedly right or left does not move it in or out. How do I adjust the cable tension? Frustrated after the clutch pulled back and it hopped forward after winter storage and scratched a little paint on the frunk. Ugggghhhh. 2010 RS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinDavid View Post
    My clutch lever/cable? is loose ... when I put in lowest detent, it doesn't engage the clutch at all. It only works when it is floating on the highest point on the wheel. The adjusting wheel only spins to the different settings... turning repeatedly right or left does not move it in or out. How do I adjust the cable tension? Frustrated after the clutch pulled back and it hopped forward after winter storage and scratched a little paint on the frunk. Ugggghhhh. 2010 RS
    Have you checked the fluid level in the reservoir? My Spyder sat for a long period once and would do the same thing...surging forward upon startup. Someone on here suggested checking the fluid level and it fixed the issue right away.

Spyder Garage

Thought I could see the fluid through the window, but was way low. Refilled. I may have the deteriorating O ring malady documented elsewhere on the site. Oh joy! At least there is good info here on doing that work... as sounds like $$$ at a dealership.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinDavid View Post
    Thought I could see the fluid through the window, but was way low. Refilled. I may have the deteriorating O ring malady documented elsewhere on the site. Oh joy! At least there is good info here on doing that work... as sounds like $$$ at a dealership.
    Dave, if you haven't done so you need to bleed the clutch slave down on the motor. I had a lot of discoloration on my 2014 after the first 20,000 miles. Just a thought

Al in Kazoo
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I'll try that too... thanks for the advice. Onward!