Spyder Garage

Default Thoughts on this Bilt Bluetooth Helmet?

Anyone have this Bilt integrated Bluetooth and Sena modular helmet? If so, what do you think of it?

https://www.cyclegear.com/gear/bilt-...uetooth-helmet
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Spyder Garage

All their built ins are crystal clear. Not a problem. Speak with motorcycle Dave. He sells sena and the best price.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

I think he is speaking of the Bilt (Cycle Gear) brand, not "built" in.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    I think he is speaking of the Bilt (Cycle Gear) brand, not "built" in.
    OOOPS good catch. Sena is well made can’t comment on Bilt! Sorry

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I don't know about this particular one, but I have found that the Bilt helmets need to be tried on. I bought one about 5 years ago and had to take it back. There was too much pressure on the top/front of my head. Then I tried another one this year and it fit perfect. They have different styles and they do not all fit the same shaped head. Good luck.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robhowen View Post
    Anyone have this Bilt integrated Bluetooth and Sena modular helmet? If so, what do you think of it?

https://www.cyclegear.com/gear/bilt-...uetooth-helmet
    I bought one from Revzilla (owned by Cycle Gear) about two weeks ago. According to my head measurement I should buy an XS. Well, I couldn't even get it on my head unless I lifted the modular piece and then when it was on my head it was so tight I couldn't get it to close. So, I returned it, then got a medium. That got here day before yesterday. It fit. BUT, this is the most uncomfortable helmet I have ever worn. It felt like there was ZERO padding on the top of my head. It hurt so bad, I had to take it off within one minute. Needless to say, it is in my trunk right now waiting to go to the UPS store for return. Done, no more Bilt techno 3.0 for me. I don't recommend it based on how incredibly uncomfortable it was for me. Take what you will out of my experience. I just wanted a reasonably priced Bluetooth helmet to replace my HJC CL-17 (which I love) that I put a Sena 20s in.

Good luck.

Steve
    2020 RT , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Go to Cycle Gear and try them on. Your helmet has to fit well, comfortable, snug but not tight, for any hours on end. I suggest a slick interior helmet liner (keeps the helmet funk down and helps prevent helmet itch caused by hair being shoved back into the follicle) and then wear a helmet around the store for about a half hour. Different brands (even different models within a brand) fit different head shapes. I have a head shape that HJC brand normally fits. I wear a modular with drop-down shade also. Wouldn't change that unless I was racing (which I'll never do).
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by beerandchips View Post
    Well, I couldn't even get it on my head unless I lifted the modular piece and then when it was on my head it was so tight I couldn't get it to close.
    Steve
    I think it's normal to have the front lifted up before putting on or removing any modular helmet.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

As mentioned by others, they're solid helmets but they run a bit small. I returned girlfriend's small, and my medium and went with a medium for her and a large for me.
    2011 RT-S , Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EdMat View Post
    I think it's normal to have the front lifted up before putting on or removing any modular helmet.
    Good to know on modulers. I wish it would have worked. I really want a modular with Bluetooth built in but don’t want to spend a fortune.
    2020 RT , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

HJCs are reasonable if they fit your head shape do are several others. BT communicators aren't that expensive (some on Amazon fairly cheap but I have no experience with them. They are pretty simple to install too. Most important is a helmet you can wear comfortably. Most helmets over $150 are pretty good quality, or you can be one that thinks the most expensive is bext and get a Shoi, Arai, Schubert, etc. What ever you get, try one on and wear it around. I think Cycle Gear is pretty used to folks trying on helmets then buying online. Just wear a helmet liner when you do. Also, many bike dealers carry a pretty good range of helmets. Make a day of it! When you are on a tour of 14 six-hour days is NOT the time to decide you don't have the right helmet!
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

Bilt gear is about the cheapest of the cheap. I bought one of them for a new rider with an eye toward upgrading if they took to riding. IMO, that's the only way to reasonable approach this line of helmets.

Supposedly, after the buyout the Bilt and Sedici lineups started to be sold on Revzilla, and Anthony, the founder and face of Revzilla, threw a fit about the low quality being sold by his company. So he was put onto a committee to revise and improve the lineup across the board. From what I've seen there has been improvements, but their helmets are lagging behind in their quality. They pass DOT standards, so there is a measure of safety, but I wouldn't recommend them for anything more than limited use.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

Looks cool, but check out the LS2 Valliant II FF900 https://www.motostorm.it/en/helmets/...-red-blue.html It is the best of both worlds. I hooked up our sena evo 20s' to it and it works great!
    2020 Can Am Spyder RT Limited "The Comet #2"

Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Passenger Armrests From Can Am
    Wolo Big Bad Max Airhorn
    Lamonster Top Cuff W/Ram Ball
    Lamonster Power Plate
    Tackform Phone Mount
    Key Cover from Ebay
    Lamonster Mirror Locks
    Ultragard Cover from Lamonster
    Top Grills from Spyderpops
    Garage Door Opener from Spyderpops
    3.5mm Extension from Amazon
    Lamonster USB Cable Holder & Cable
    Foam Grips from Spyderpops
    Tricled Strobe Brake Light module
    Tricled Bag Lights (replace reflectors)
    Tricled Turn/Brake/Run Signals Rear
    Tricled Floorboard Lights
    Tricled Sequential Run/Turn Fender Lights
    Tricled A-Frame Run/Turn Lights
    Tricled LED American Flag Mount & Flag
    Showchrome American Flag
    2020 RT Limited , Says Chalk White, but in person it is much more gray

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FINFAN3DP View Post
    Looks cool, but check out the LS2 Valliant II FF900 https://www.motostorm.it/en/helmets/...-red-blue.html It is the best of both worlds. I hooked up our sena evo 20s' to it and it works great!
    I have a valiant II, and it is great. I also considered this one by Scorpion .. https://www.motostorm.it/en/helmets/...black-red.html I have ordered Givi stuff from Motostorm and can vouch for their reputation. In the end, I decided to spend just a few bucks more, and ordered it on Amazon Prime. Free returns if it doesn't fit right and full USA warranty. My Sena 5S and 10C Evo fit great. LS2 and Scorpion will not honor warranties on their lids if not purchased in the USA. Just some FYI..
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08JSFXC54...ing=UTF8&psc=1
    Attached Images Attached Images

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

After Anthony sold Zilla to Cycle Gear (we call it Harbor Freight for bikers), the shipping and product lines went downhill. Used to get almost all items in 2 days. Now usually a week or longer. Seems like they ship almost everything from out west via slow boat thru the panama canal apparently. Zilla is now the last place I look for my biking needs.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

My wife and I both have the Sena Outrush modular helmets and we love them. Most comfortable helmet I have ever worn. Built in Sena Bluetooth is great, crystal clear sound. Not the easiest to set up but once done the helmets "remember" each other. Great price from Motorcycle Dave. I highly recommend this helmet.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

I decided to try the Bilt helmet I mentioned myself at Cycle Gear today. I actually liked the helmet. The plusses for me were a LG fit comfortably, I was able to easily put on my glasses, and finally the sun shield came down the farthest of any module helmet I've tested. I didn't buy it as they only had it in black and I want to check out some other suggestions. But, bottom line, I was favorably impressed.

Thanks for all of your comments and feedback.

Rob

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robhowen View Post
    I decided to try the Bilt helmet I mentioned myself at Cycle Gear today. I actually liked the helmet. The plusses for me were a LG fit comfortably, I was able to easily put on my glasses, and finally the sun shield came down the farthest of any module helmet I've tested. I didn't buy it as they only had it in black and I want to check out some other suggestions. But, bottom line, I was favorably impressed.

Thanks for all of your comments and feedback.

Rob
    They can always find the color you want at another store or have it shipped to you.
    I have a Bilt Power Modular and because I have a roundish head, it fit great. No issues adding a Cardo bold.